******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good gallows humour going on on TMS. In a weird kind of way, I'm quite enjoying this.
Something I discovered on sniffing around in stats just now. Australia have never whitewashed England 5-0 in England in recent history (I didn't go back to pre-Second World War, so maybe…) I confess I was quite surprised. I was convinced that that hugely dominant, and brilliant, team of the 90s and noughties had done it several times.

Some good gallows humour going on on TMS. In a weird kind of way, I'm quite enjoying this.
Something I discovered on sniffing around in stats just now. Australia have never whitewashed England 5-0 in England in recent history (I didn't go back to pre-Second World War, so maybe…) I confess I was quite surprised. I was convinced that that hugely dominant, and brilliant, team of the 90s and noughties had done it several times.

Yep. As good as that Aussie side was, England always seemed to win a test or in a home series defeat somewhere. Same when we were away, aside from the 5-0 in 2006/07. That’s why I’m struggling to get my head round this series - it’s nowhere near that great Australian side but we could end up losing 4-0

Certainly is, just get to end of play losing 1 more wicket at most and england will win this test match

I agree that we can’t afford to be more than 3 down at stumps and it would be encouraging if that does happen but we can’t just assume we’ll win it. Time and time again teams have folded chasing a big score to win a test after looking well set.

One interesting thing is that the West Indies beat England on this same ground just 2 years ago chasing a similar total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.