******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
spot on

the new ball is key and if they can take a couple of early wickets the rest will fold sadly ?? the only saving grace is when we lose something has to be done this time by the ECB and changes and many of them and rip up the old plans and sack coaches and players and start again ?? root roy butler have to go ?? how can you defend them even after today batting by root its to little to late and the mess we are in was made by root in the 3 other test, we had very big chances in all 3 test but poor captaining by root let them of the hook and they turned it very quickly to a point we lost a couple of test matches when we had them down to something under 150 and 8 wicket back in the shed and lost badly

that says the captain is not good at what he is doing and the control and big swings in games are by him and his choices in the field and bowling options ?? also the gamble of jimmy anderson in the first test was the first and biggest mistakes he made, that was down to root and not big enough for his boot to say NO ?? why did england not gamble on anderson in the ireland game and they would have seen he was not ready ???

for the next test in a weeks time in want big changes and archer the main man and broad and spinner leach the only people keeping their places in the bowling attack curran must come in and for the batting line god knows give the young lads a chance ?? pope must be nailed on to play but who else then i really don't care but its got to be new blood

Captaincy aside as that’s a different debate entirely but are you really suggesting Root should be dropped completely as a batsman?

Realistically we still have no real chance in this game. We May even get tantalising close which will make it all the harder give our first innings debacle.

However there is still a chance which is why we’ll all be glued to it this morning. Credit to England though for yesterday’s batting they did very well.

Doesn't matter about the run rate. There are 2 days left. It was all about digging in and playing proper test match cricket

Of course the run rate isn’t important. However, the pressure will begin to mount even further if we completely stagnate. Prior to the Hazlewood/Lyon bowling partnership, we were beginning to look rather comfortable.

I still have bad memories of the 2nd test at Adelaide in 2006. We scored about 550 in our first innings, yet inexplicably lost after freezing on the final day.

Captaincy aside as that’s a different debate entirely but are you really suggesting Root should be dropped completely as a batsman?
Not a chance. And in the absence of an obvious replacement he’ll keep the captaincy for the rest of the series. Bairstow and Buttler are probably playing for their places today.

Looking ahead, I’d like to see:

1.Burns
2.Sibley
3.Root
4.Vince
5.Pope
6.Stokes
7.Foakes
8.Broad
9.Archer
10.Leach
11.Anderson

But I imagine we will persevere with Denly, Bairstow, Buttler and possibly Roy.

yes

he needs to refocus his game and play country cricket and get picked on merit and not because he is captain, forget he is still in and scored some runs and the media and everybody think england have a chance today hahahaha the whole team is in a mess and the batting order is crazy and one swallow does not make a summer

forget england winning today its not going to happen ?? the aussies have a new ball in 8 overs and if they nick one or 2 wicket before the new ball then it will be over before lunch, then the shit hits the fans and roots late batting a score will mean nothing, all i can say is prove me wrong today england ?? go and win the test and get back in the ashes with 2 test to come, but will it mean anything sadly i doubt it because the trouble england are in is deeper than one good innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.