Var debate 2019/20

Var overturned a Chelsea goal for a foul on the keeper yesterday, they can get involved just not when City are attacking.

Also the raz offside just before the end was very close either way, definitely shouldn't have been flagged.
Aren’t our Lino’s operating to different instructions to Uefa’s ? I think they’re instructed to raise the flag if they think it’s offside, even if it’s close. I did wonder how that would work for offsides just inside the opponents half

Var overturned a Chelsea goal for a foul on the keeper yesterday, they can get involved just not when City are attacking.

Also the raz offside just before the end was very close either way, definitely shouldn't have been flagged.
Correct, it was so close it should never have been given. I thought that was idea? I guess not when certain teams are involved...

When Sterling was flagged offside what would have happened if his shot had gone in , would VAR review it ?

It was my understanding that 'close calls' (the commentators said it was very close, conveniently there was no replay) would not be flagged and then if it lead to a goal etc it would be VAR'd at stop of play...that clearly didn't happen on this occasion when Sterling is clean through.

That + the pen today have really fucked me off. It's a joke in its current guide and I have zero confidence that it will/can be improved.

I don't think VAR is bent I just think it's shite. The way it is used is amateurish, it is either there to correct obvious mistakes or not. They are trying to make a simply process more complicated than it should ever be and this leads to them looking foolish when they come out with the reasons clear penalties are not given. Sterling was ruled offside by cm's but it then appears they don't have the technology to be that precise. I don't think this has anything to do with an agenda against City other teams have had bad decisions due to VAR as well. It is an inadequate system with inadequate rules run by incompetent officials.

Id say utd fans think VAR didnt give them what they deserved yesterday

Ive said lots of times that VAR officials got that call wrong today...I to annot understand how a ref sees that as anything other than a penalty....but this has always been the case - with or without VAR....
Agreed about united and tbh I int know how other teams are impacted by decisions not given.

But whereas it used to be "the ref didn't spot it" it's now "a team of people didn't see it even though they watch replays"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.