Bournemouth (A) Post Match Thread

Poor performance for me, so a good 3 points, some of our decision making today was terrible, we could have been down to 9 men before we scored, Walker's first tackle is a booking in most games, and Ederson was reckless for his, no attempt to get the ball (see decision making), other referee's might have shown red, luckily mariner is useless. I could see why he didn't give the penalty, as at full speed I thought it was a dive, but how VAR doesn't over turn that I've no idea, the player is nowhere near the ball.

Sergio and David Silva still match winners 7 seasons on from "that" game, we'll miss them when they've gone.

It was a risky challenge from Laport, but I think he nailed it and was wrongly punished. The referee then wrongly allowed the freekick to be taken from the wrong position which allowed their player to get the ball up and down over the wall. Then, at 2-1 turned over a legitimate penalty shout.

A couple of mistakes, which could have been costly, but in reality we could/should have been out of sight.

It's early doors, but we are moving in the right direction despite teams (and officials) upping their game against us.

Good points mate but a tackle from behind requires the ball to be won very cleanly and Laporte got a bit of the attacker

Watching Peps post match in the background the ground staff are cutting the grass along with not watering the pitch some teams will try anything to hamper us , nothing will stop us , VAR aside Im even more confident we'll win 3 titles on the trot

Pretty comfortable overall but not a great performance, Serg motm for me. Was it a foul for their free kick goal, no replays on offer anywhere surprise surprise, so we have to accept it?.

Last edited:
Poor performance for me, so a good 3 points, some of our decision making today was terrible, we could have been down to 9 men before we scored, Walker's first tackle is a booking in most games, and Ederson was reckless for his, no attempt to get the ball (see decision making), other referee's might have shown red, luckily mariner is useless. I could see why he didn't give the penalty, as at full speed I thought it was a dive, but how VAR doesn't over turn that I've no idea, the player is nowhere near the ball.

Sergio and David Silva still match winners 7 seasons on from "that" game, we'll miss them when they've gone.
You are right in some respects but no way Eddie could have been shown a red .It was daft but not dangereous or in goal scoring opotunity .But some bad decisions today but hi oh 3-1 not a bad day at the office

Last edited:
Rag or not, The martial one was as blatant as it gets mate, moreso than both of ours which were also blatant. The Pulling starts outside the box but carries on into the box, he clearly pulls him back as he shoots and distrusts his attempt, therefore obvious penalty. (Unless that law has changed without me noticing?) The Rashford one isn’t even questionable he fell over

You've just agreed with me. It starts outside the box so is a free kick not a penalty

You've just agreed with me. It starts outside the box so is a free kick not a penalty

If I’m wrong then fair enough but as I understand the rule if a foul starts outside the box and continues inside it’s a penalty is it not? If a foul is committed outside and the players momentum takes him in then it’s a free kick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.