Bury fans club AFC start a new life in NWCL

The original idea of FFP was to stop clubs spending more than they could afford to pay (hoping to avoid a Leeds type situation). If a rich guy wanted to come in and blow all his own money that was fine, so long as it was his own money. As City and PSG became a threat to the established cartel the rules changed. This is what happens. Fit and proper person test is about as reliable as VARs clear and obvious mistake.

The important thing is that Steve Dale and the people who let him take over the club will all be absolutely fine. I'm sure many were worried about them, but none of them will have to accept any responsibility whatsoever, so that's a huge weight off. Just the football club and all it's fans, along with the hundreds of businesses that they owe money to that will suffer.

The original idea of FFP was to stop clubs spending more than they could afford to pay (hoping to avoid a Leeds type situation). If a rich guy wanted to come in and blow all his own money that was fine, so long as it was his own money. As City and PSG became a threat to the established cartel the rules changed. This is what happens. Fit and proper person test is about as reliable as VARs clear and obvious mistake.

The irony being that the season before it all went tits up, Leeds made a small profit and would have flown through FFP.

It was never about stopping your Leeds and your Portsmouth's.

This is a dark day for football.
I wonder if those clubs that drove the move to keep all home gate receipts and the formation of the premier league are pleased with the outcome.
The premier league hoovers up the lions’ share of the money.
The gap between the haves and have nots grows ever wider.
This could have been us 11 years ago but we got lucky.
Look what had to be invested over those early seasons in order to close the gap.
Now with FFP no other team can realistically do what we did.
It is all driven by greed by a small number of clubs and not the good of the game.

Bury are not the first and wont be the last badly-run club to fold. You can go back centuries if you want but in the last 50 years you have seen Accrington, Halifax, Chester, Wimbledon and many more clubs collapse. That has got nothing to do with the success of the Premier League. There are lots of flourishing small clubs being well run like Salford City, Fylde, Fleetwood to name a few in our region.
City were lucky to survive under Swales and after Thaksin but you cant compare us to Bury as we were always a prime target for a takeover. If you knew the background of Bury's owner you would not be surprised at what has happened. I do feel sorry for their fans but believe they will re-form and rise again.

Has somebody died? It's very sad. It isn't, by any measure, tragic.

Is if you are a Bury fan and can't watch your team. I struggled not watching city over the summer. A few more months and I am sure I would get depressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.