Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin De Bruyne: “It’s always a shame when people get injured. It’s not nice for the team or for the person when you are away for long. We already have Leroy [injured] so if Aymeric is out for a couple of months it’s a blow for us..."

Looking at the pictures it looks like he has dislocated his knee cap imho
It looked like the knee cap to us right behind the angle of the Brighton player. When I saw the pics on tv holding the back of the knee I thought it was so he could apply pressure with his thumbs at the front.

Huge difference between dislocated knee and knee cap.

Saw a player in the AFL dislocate his knee cap , knock it back into its normal position while on the ground and get up and continue playing and was ok for the next week although the bone can be damaged and tendon damage occur when you do that.

ACL's can take different forms and the player react to the pain in different ways but you can straighten the knee and often walk off as did Sane often in little discomfort at all after the initial pop or tear.

No expert but I think its a patellar tendon which hurts like buggery even if strained in an impact and if it is lets hope its a strain not a tear.

Huge difference between dislocated knee and knee cap.

Saw a player in the AFL dislocate his knee cap , knock it back into its normal position while on the ground and get up and continue playing and was ok for the next week although the bone can be damaged and tendon damage occur when you do that.

ACL's can take different forms and the player react to the pain in different ways but you can straighten the knee and often walk off as did Sane often in little discomfort at all after the initial pop or tear.

No expert but I think its a patellar tendon which hurts like buggery even if strained in an impact and if it is lets hope its a strain not a tear.
Only thing I know is we’ve seen a few ligament injuries recently and they have all walked off and not gone to hospital immediately. So either a policy change or a different kind of injury.

Laporte is seen rolling around after the injury
If you break your leg le last thing you do is roll over...it really hurts to do so and players will lie dead still
Could be a dislocated knee cap would not be too serious an injury
A dislocated knee however is a limb threatening injury...bloody hope that’s not what happened..v unlikely

...I don’t get why Laporte had to commit to the challenge in the first place, going in so strong at full speed. It’s quite obvious an injury will happen. A slide tackle would have been preferable, or just a body tackle...

Same here.
I hope he knows what stupid decision he made in that situation.
That was far from becoming a goal threat.
If he thinks he has to stop the counter in that moment he has to use his body or even hands
and concede the yellow (which he did anyway).
Maybe he had that bloody French call-up in mind to proof something (Albany and Andorra ahead, my arse...).

Getting a full impact from the side especially on the knee is the worst choice he could have made.

Even if we HAD conceded from that counter we would have still won the game.
We have to manage our brilliant player resources much better when we want to win more trophies.

Anyway, I'm sure he knows that was a moment of stupidity and regrets his decision.
He has paid a high price for no return. Waste of a gamble.
I hope he gets well soon and has had his lesson.

I don’t get why Laporte had to commit to the challenge in the first place, going in so strong at full speed. It’s quite obvious an injury will happen. A slide tackle would have been preferable, or just a body tackle.

I wonder why we continue to get these injuries. Liverpool play even tougher but they avoid these injuries. Is it something about Peps training methods? I wonder if they talk about this at all. It’s happening too often to be a coincidence.

It's not obvious at all that an injury would happen, it's unfortunate. Anyway according to Jenas on motd it was Rodri's fault for not making one of those tactical fouls we're so good at.

Your point about Liverpool tends to contradict your claim he shouldn't have made the challenge. I doubt its anything to do with training methods either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.