Pep on why we didn't replace Vinny

Gundogan is worth the sacrifice to sign a new CB. Also clears a pathway for Foden.

Maybe the club are pensive as Mendy could breakdown again and LB isn't as solid as it could be.

Simple Simon has done a piece on the BBC football website regarding this topic and for some reason has now opened it up for comments. Ffs I take it school is still out.

Gundogan is worth the sacrifice to sign a new CB. Also clears a pathway for Foden.

Maybe the club are pensive as Mendy could breakdown again and LB isn't as solid as it could be.
This is not the time to panic. We are not in a good place but we are well capable of improvisation in the short term. If Laporte is out for the season
we will be forced into the market in January and I would expect any business to be done before Christmas. There is no way we can challenge the big boys
in Europe and the dippers without replacements for Vinny and Laporte. The choice may not be as good as during the summer but I believe we will have no other option to seek a replacement.

In the mean time Ferno and perhaps Rodri or even Walker can do a job for us. I would anticipate more
back three line-ups than in the past in this respect. The two youngsters that have been mentioned are not imo a viable option at present. Certainly I would give them a chance against Preston even if it risks the tie. Also I don't think it is realistic to expect to play a very strong 11 in the LC this season given the injury situation. The important thing is that we are still in a good position in the New Year so that we can push on like so often in the past.

As we can't do anything until January and Laporte may be on his way back , doubt we'll do anything until the summer.

This is not the time to panic. We are not in a good place but we are well capable of improvisation in the short term. If Laporte is out for the season
we will be forced into the market in January and I would expect any business to be done before Christmas. There is no way we can challenge the big boys
in Europe and the dippers without replacements for Vinny and Laporte. The choice may not be as good as during the summer but I believe we will have no other option to seek a replacement.

In the mean time Ferno and perhaps Rodri or even Walker can do a job for us. I would anticipate more
back three line-ups than in the past in this respect. The two youngsters that have been mentioned are not imo a viable option at present. Certainly I would give them a chance against Preston even if it risks the tie. Also I don't think it is realistic to expect to play a very strong 11 in the LC this season given the injury situation. The important thing is that we are still in a good position in the New Year so that we can push on like so often in the past.
maybe Garcia might get a chance

This is what really pisses me off, the rags and dippers go on about our spending but we are the same as everyone else that there are limits. People forget about the 3 year monitoring period with Uefa that all clubs have to comply with.

Our owner has pretty much a bottomless pit of cash but even if he wanted to spend it he wouldn't be allowed.

This is one reason why the dippers didn't splash the cash in the close season, it's not that they couldn't afford to spend money but they would have struggled with the monitoring period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.