Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's always the sofa to crawl behind ...

don't think i explained myself properly. I think with just David as the creator, we would have struggled last year - especially as he didn't have a great season. What saved us was Bernardo stepping up to Ballon d'Or levels (even though he will never be recognized as such outside of us fans). Nobody could have expected that in Aug last year. Similarly, this season there could be a real upside surprise in defence with (say) Stones or even one of the youngsters. When you have a quality set up and a manager like Pep, players can get inspired in unforeseeable ways.

Then again, I am an eternal optimist :)

While Laporte have been rock solid since he came in January 2018, Stones performance has gone from poor in his first months, to good, to excellent and now back to somewhat fine. I just wish this is Stones season to really take a big step forward and shine. Hopefully he will in Laporte's absence.

I also hope Eric Garcia get a chance in the Premier League. I don't understand Peps hesitation. He is a product of La Masia and someone Barcelona saw would eventually replace Barca legend Pique, he was praised by Pep during last years pre-season, saying he looked like an experienced 24-25 year old, he is commanding the back four, can carry the ball forward and probably knows how to execute a few tackles. He is a super exciting player and should really get a chance. Either he can't stand the pressure just yet, or he needs to put on some serious muscle mass.

Meniscus is a lot better than the ACL we feared it could be, cartilage damage on top could be tricky though. Best of luck Eric.
Yes, it's good news - I had exactly the same op in 1996 after injuring my knee at a footy tournament. Took about 6 months to get back to normal. Thankfully, no ligament damage for Emeric. With meniscus and cartilage, the surgery will return the knee to the pre-injury condition. I can say from experience though that you have to build your confidence to put your foot through the ball and sprint/change direction etc. In my case, the knee felt like it was grinding for a long time. Before the op, floating bits of the meniscus kept floating into parts of my knee and locking it. Painful - like someone shoving a metal spike through the joint.

Last edited:
Aymeric has posted on his Instagram

Hi everyone!
After successful completion of yesterday evenings surgery, I would like to say thanks for all your messages of support during the last few days. I feel trully loved and so thankful about it.
I am sad for not being able to join the national team and to not fulfill my dream of making the debut with les bleus. I would like to thank the Coach for being so supportive.
From now on we start counting down the days to go back to the pitch.

And on Twitter he said "I will come back soon and stronger".

Press going with it is understood that he will out to around XMas.

Understand my foot. Guessing, something that will creates a convenient headline to entrap ABCs.

Speaking of ABCs, a convenient lead-in to the enemy.

We should celebrate when the Guardian falls below 130,000.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/nati...s-smallest-circulation-decline-for-july-2019/

JnZmydq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.