******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the England fans have their empty crisp packets and beach balls at the ready for when play starts. Also the Sky van park up to reflect any sun.

I wouldn’t go that far just yet.

They were about 110/8 in the first innings of the first test and we played the better cricket in the second match.

I doubt it will happen but there’s an opportunity for our batsmen to earn a draw here.
I hope you're right, I just can't see our batsmen being up to the task. We're riddled with (very good) one day batsmen who're impatient. Roots leadership has been poor at best and we simply don't have any form of a plan fielding against the likes of Smith. So frustrating after what appeared to be a brilliant start on Wednesday!

IMO we missed a trick at Edgbaston. I thought we had that test, but up pops Smith and it's over!

It would be the biggest robbery in the history of sport if we manage to draw the 4th test and somehow win the 5th.... As much as I dislike their team (especially after sandpaper gate), you have to take your hat of to Smith, he's the best cricketer in the world and I'm not sure there are any pro's in any sport who're as good at their profession as him.
He's not the best in his own profession never mind any other one
In all three forms of the game, Test, one dayers, 20/20 he's still behind Kohli if you bang them altogether.

And to watch he's a million miles behind him too.

In all three forms of the game, Test, one dayers, 20/20 he's still behind Kohli if you bang them altogether.

It depends if you consider all forms equal. I would say test is the most important one and smith for the last couple of years is way ahead of Kohli.

they hope to start at 1,30pm and the outfield will water logged and the ball will be like a bar of soap hahahahaha england will be all out for 120

I think Kohli is better at one day and 20/20, you could argue he was the standout player in the world cup. But for sheer patience and determination Smith has got to be classed as the best in Test cricket.

He has a better average than Kohli, he has a better average in wins, more centuries... all in less innings.

Both very talented batsmen though.

He will always be a cheat in my view but Smith is easily the best test batsman at the moment.

If his average stays above 60 for the remainder of his career, I imagine he’ll be widely regarded (not by me) as the best since Bradman.

Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting, Kohli, KP, De Villiers, Jayawardene....were much more pleasing on the eye but it’s likely that Smith’s final test statistics will better all of them.

He reminds of Chanderpaul and Dravid a bit but with even greater temperament.

He will always be a cheat in my view but Smith is easily the best test batsman at the moment.

If his average stays above 60 for the remainder of his career, I imagine he’ll be widely regarded (not by me) as the best since Bradman.

Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting, Kohli, KP, De Villiers, Jayawardene....were much more pleasing on the eye but it’s likely that Smith’s final test statistics will better all of them.

He reminds of Chanderpaul and Dravid a bit but with even greater temperament.
He'd be so much more likable if he wasn't a cheat.

Or Australian.

But put all that aside and you can't really deny how talented the guy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.