United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I noticed you working there
z4Ci0f.gif

Nicked it
It looks like Boris

I built Carrington when I was at Laings back in 1999. It is a decent facility but a shite depressing location and next to a load of electricity pylons.

Not sure what has been spent on it in the intervening years but it cost 10 million back then.

Things have moved on hugely since then so I would imagine it needs a lot doing to it.

It is awful round there. Flat and soulless.

I built Carrington when I was at Laings back in 1999. It is a decent facility but a shite depressing location and next to a load of electricity pylons.

Not sure what has been spent on it in the intervening years but it cost 10 million back then.

Things have moved on hugely since then so I would imagine it needs a lot doing to it.
Afaik carrington land (as also used to be used by City (and then lent to busted Bury) and still is by sale sharks) is owned by Sale FC rugby.

Although I’m happy to be corrected on that.

So United (owned by Glazers, owned by debt to the banks), have hardly any real assets other than players and a hardly fit for purpose Old Trafford.

We may not own our own stadium, but the rest of the land (and it’s many state of the art facilities) are (afaik).

Carrington is a depressing place, I agree.

Afaik carrington land (as also used to be used by City (and then lent to busted Bury) and still is by sale sharks) is owned by Sale FC rugby.

Although I’m happy to be corrected on that.

So United (owned by Glazers, owned by debt to the banks), have hardly any real assets other than players and a hardly fit for purpose Old Trafford.

We may not own our own stadium, but the rest of the land (and it’s many state of the art facilities) are (afaik).

Carrington is a depressing place, I agree.

We own our stadium in the same way most people own a lease hold flat, a bit more complex but it is essentially ours for the residual of 100 years. The Council did the softest deal in the history of soft deals on that ground. We would have been mad to turn it down and buy it outright.

I thought we owned our carrington site and leased it to Bury? Maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.