#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one getting sick and tired of Guardiolas treatment of foden, what's wrong with the manager? Were crying out for the kid to play. It's making a mockery of our youth set up. He,ll be due a testimonial before he gets a run in the team. We Want The Kids.

Who are you dropping to fit him in?

Am I the only one getting sick and tired of Guardiolas treatment of foden, what's wrong with the manager? Were crying out for the kid to play. It's making a mockery of our youth set up. He,ll be due a testimonial before he gets a run in the team. We Want The Kids.
This weekend we start a long period of 2 games a week. Suggest you save your judgement of Pep until New Year.

When we playing every 3/4 days Silva cant play that many so it should be foden playing at least one those games a week if not whats the point he might as well go out on loan.

He's 19-years-old, ffs. Calm down.

Made 10 appearances during the 17/18 season, 3 of which were starts. Last season he made 26 appearances, 11 starts. This season he'll probably nudge 30. Give it time.

Have you ever considered that Foden might want to play more football and isn’t happy at the minutes he’s getting?
I,m sure he wants to play more,they all do,pep challenged him in the media and he responded,let's see what happens now,I'm sure he can see Dave's spot coming up soon

Foden has played more football at 19 than any of Iniesta, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, etc. He is a midfielder, not a winger. Midfielders need more time to establish themselves as regular starters. Do we want to gift the title to Liverpool? If there is a manager who knows what it takes to win a title it's Pep. He will play Foden in the league if he thinks Foden is good enough to start and help us beat Liverpool to the title. There will be injuries to other midfielders and he will get chances, maybe plenty of them.

Last edited:
There isn't a situation,the !media have been tried to make it into one for 2 seasons now

I assume u havent read sam's piece !

It says while foden is not looking to move on , he is increasingly frustrated .

Also , Pep's over the top praise ( most talented player ever etc.) has actually NOT helped matters.

Foden's camp and the academy coaches have heard and basically , SO PLAY HIM then.

As sam also says , hopefully with the upcoming schedule foden will be playing....otherwise whats the use

33, nearly 34 year old Silva can't play every game once we start playing 3 games a week, Foden's time will come. Pep wants players who demand to play, Foden has done that now. If he shows he's as ready in training as his mouth suggests, absolutely no doubt he'll get many starts this season.

The best players don't sit around and wait to be picked. "Oh I hope Mr Pep picks me" - No, they demand to be picked because they're good enough and ready. Foden has done that now which is a huge step for him and his performances for the u21s England side go some way to vindicating his decision to speak out, I'd rather players had the balls to speak up.

Do you think KDB is happy when he gets subbed or doesn't start? He's fuming, because he wants to play, he is a winner and that is a winning mentality. We haven't seen that from Foden till now.

Sancho had the guts to say he deserved a spot, didn't get it, so left and that decision is now looking like a good one for his development in hindsight. Foden has now shown the desire to step foot on the pitch, gone from a boy, just happy to be out there with his heros, the people who he grew up idolising, to a Man who now believes he belongs within that company.

He's gone from someone who is happy with the odd token start because it's his boyhood team, to someone who believes he belongs in the team and that is a big shift. When Zinchenko started playing he was timid, playing within himself, always taking the easy pass, handing it off to better players because he didn't feel that he belonged within the team and now he's stepping up and taking responsibility and his game has improved because of it.

Now Foden has shown the balls to demand a starting spot, a chance to prove he belongs, the first step in taking responsability for your own performances and not hiding in the shadows amongst the big names. Play and Act like you belong within the group and his chances will come and he's taken the first step in doing such.

I assume u havent read sam's piece !

It says while foden is not looking to move on , he is increasingly frustrated .

Also , Pep's over the top praise ( most talented player ever etc.) has actually NOT helped matters.

Foden's camp and the academy coaches have heard and basically , SO PLAY HIM then.

As sam also says , hopefully with the upcoming schedule foden will be playing....otherwise whats the use

I'd be worried if he wasn't frustrated.

He'll play when he warrants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.