Electrician advice?

What is it with this new fad for hot tubs and spa's? After spending most of my childhood being the last in line for the bath on a sunday night behind 3 sisters and a brother i can't think of owt worse than pissing around in a big bath with other people.

Did the electrician turn up?? And what was his advice??
Yes, cheers.
He's coming back tomorrow to fit a socket to the wall outside. I already have one outside disguised as a rock which i use for the water feature for the pond, which he said would be fine to use if i wanted to, but i can't be arsed bending down to change the plugs every 5 fucking minutes haha!

Wondered what all the over the top advice on here was all about until I just googled "lazy spa".

Thought it was one of these things for your webs.

41Sqq0E8dtL._SX355_.jpg

Hmmmm....is this an oldish house?can you take a picture of your main cut out fuse that comes into the house

I have a ceiling light that I am fitting but the wiring has two black neutral cables terminating in two separate blocks along with one live and one earth.

I took a picture of the previous configuration but lost my phone with it on.

Any electricians know if I can use either to connect the light to?

I have a ceiling light that I am fitting but the wiring has two black neutral cables terminating in two separate blocks along with one live and one earth.

I took a picture of the previous configuration but lost my phone with it on.

Any electricians know if I can use either to connect the light to?
One of those blacks will be a switch wire basically a live (should be a red) and the other will be the N
The red on its own is likely the permanent live (not switched)
To find which black is N (you will need test lamps to do this) make sure the switch is on and test across each black and earth, you should get 230v reading when you test across the switch live and earth
(if you test across N & earth you won't get 230v showing)
Once you know which black is the switch wire you connect the brown on your fitting to this
Then you connect the blue on the fitting to the other black
The earth to the earth
And there should be nothing to connect to the reds
Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.