Stephen Ireland

Agree - no mention of his 20k fish tank and pink wheeled Range Rover. I lived two doors down from him in Grappenhall years ago and he was a knob - hard for me to take as a City fan. He had a large pond in his front garden and kids from the estate would play footie on a patch of grass next to it - the balls would go over a small fence into the pond and occasionally he would get in a small boat and retrieve them - bizarre to watch- then not give them back to the kids! Odd to say the least but a bit of humility especially after what he'd personally gone through would have helped him and his career. As Pep always says its about being a good human as much as having God given talent.
hahahaha

Mancini and Houllier the two most successful managers he played under didn't rate him or didn't think he was worth the effort! They're hardly both wrong! He looked really good in an average city side!

You're right, but I think Coton and Curle would have got in the 2012 and 2014 sides. They would have been shoe in's! Coton was a better keeper than Hart and Curle was better than Lescott!

Many forget he won POTS one year. Pre-Sheikh Mansour, they tried to sell him to Sunderland and Hughes blocked it. He had talent but was too thick to apply himself.

A pleasure to see Stephen's silky skills again albeit in a friendly. He would have fitted like a glove into a Pep squad, especially with the huge improvements in training methods & facilities and attitude to player welfare since he left. Always some "hard man" wants to hammer him as mentally weak, so what if he is eccentric, seems he was mentally tough enough to care for 2 kids as a teenage single father to the detriment of his career. If he wants to get a new club I hope he gets a chance, if not I hope the future is good for him.

A pleasure to see Stephen's silky skills again albeit in a friendly. He would have fitted like a glove into a Pep squad, especially with the huge improvements in training methods & facilities and attitude to player welfare since he left. Always some "hard man" wants to hammer him as mentally weak, so what if he is eccentric, seems he was mentally tough enough to care for 2 kids as a teenage single father to the detriment of his career. If he wants to get a new club I hope he gets a chance, if not I hope the future is good for him.
Not a chance mate

And your opinion is based on ?.
Watching him. He was average at best and lacked heart. If you think he’d start in our midfield and that he is at that level of player we now have then I’m not sure you saw a lot of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.