Stephen Ireland

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Elk, 12 Sep 2019.

1. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

He was unbelievably naturally talented. If it was for injuries/ other issues I think he would have been in our first team for a lot longer then he was

That team we had under Sven/ Hughes was awesome. So many memorable players

samarasra likes this.
  2. Ladybarn Blue .

Ladybarn Blue .

WOW ,
    What ever the baggage surly he should be given another chance ?!

samarasra likes this.
  3. Cozmo Bozo

Cozmo Bozo

I agree with this, but after reading the article it doesn't surprise me that he's without a club tbh. He comes across as slightly manic and lacking awareness. Coupled with his non-performances and injuries in the previous years, I can totally understand why even Championship clubs are reluctant to sign him.

worsleyweb and UUJblue like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Different times. He has been consistent in his honesty about his relationship with Mancini. Some players need their confidence massaged and it seems that Stephen was one that didnt get what he needed from Mancini ( who could be a hard bastard ). It takes more than skill to get to the top and it appears that Stephen lacked the focus and mental toughness to stay there.

5. Ladybarn Blue .

Ladybarn Blue .

Please forward this artificial to Mancini , perhaps he will advise .

6. bear in the big blue house

bear in the big blue house

Team supported:
    City
    Seems the club didnt help his domestic situation at the time. Remember he was a young lad away from home. Shame the way his career panned out but prior to 2008/9 season under Hughes (his one outstanding season) I dont recall him being a huge crowd favourite, whilst maybe not a boo boy he certainly had his critics. Hope his business venture works out for him.

7. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    Ireland was capable but lacked the desire. It’s obvious he’s not very bright.

8. dromoreblue

dromoreblue

Met him briefly before the 3 nil win over Arsenal several years back. Have to say he was down to earth and a real nice guy. He hung around and chatted, posed for pics with kids. There were several others who had no time for anyone. Daniel Sturridge being one. Who just snarled at the kids and marched on. So my lasting memory of Stephen is a true gentleman and on his day a gifted footballer.

9. Mr HJ

Mr HJ

Agree - no mention of his 20k fish tank and pink wheeled Range Rover. I lived two doors down from him in Grappenhall years ago and he was a knob - hard for me to take as a City fan. He had a large pond in his front garden and kids from the estate would play footie on a patch of grass next to it - the balls would go over a small fence into the pond and occasionally he would get in a small boat and retrieve them - bizarre to watch- then not give them back to the kids! Odd to say the least but a bit of humility especially after what he'd personally gone through would have helped him and his career. As Pep always says its about being a good human as much as having God given talent.

10. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    Strange no mention of what 'caused' his little health scare on the pitch - that was the point after which he faded badly.