#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't promise playing time to a 17yr old,not a club in the world would do that,so we didn't make a mistake,for all we know he has found his level in germany and wouldn't have done it herephil has daves spot in his sights,he signed a 6yr deal knowing the plan for him,all players want to play,he is no different there,the hysteria about sancho and phil is relentless
As usual we shall have to agree to dissagree. Have a good evening.

Bringing players through is like the holy grail and it's blasphemous to even suggest that the club is being built for profit like every other club. Being ethical wont win us things by design, we're that cosmopolitan it doesn't matter if a player comes from Stockport or Bahrain and on this business model it shouldn't raise an eyebrow.
Yep sadly you are right. Seems a great pity tho as it matters to me to see local lads come thru.

I think you will find that Phil will play more and more minutes as the season progresses. He is being lined up to take the place of Spanish Dave. Starting next week in the Mickey Mouse Cup at Preston.

Perhaps we should of made sure he signed another ? Instead of spending tens of millions on a player who has turned out to be more miss than hit. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it was a mistake the club made.
Ffs Mahrez

It's what I would prefer but it isn't going to happen unless the bottom falls out of the club, accepting the realism isn't a fault my friend it's just facing facts.
So how much do you think we would get for Foden given that he has just signed a new contract. Trouble is he has had so little first team playing team no one knows how good he is outside the City training ground. ;-)

So how much do you think we would get for Foden given that he has just signed a new contract. Trouble is he has had so little first team playing team no one knows how good he is outside the City training ground. ;-)

We will get at least what we got for Sancho :O

It's what I would prefer but it isn't going to happen unless the bottom falls out of the club, accepting the realism isn't a fault my friend it's just facing facts.

I don’t agree. Especially if the players are good enough like foden is.

Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea even Barcelona right now have brought through kids into the first team (recently). Whether that’s for first team football or players that get a lot of minutes. It’s not some myth - ie another excuse not to play them

The fact is we barely give any of our youngster a chance when we absolutely could. Battereing Brighton at home was the perfect opportunity. A local youth talent is much more to the club and fans then say a 60m signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.