#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree. Especially if the players are good enough like foden is.

Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea even Barcelona right now have brought through kids into the first team (recently). Whether that’s for first team football or players that get a lot of minutes. It’s not some myth - ie another excuse not to play them

The fact is we barely give any of our youngster a chance when we absolutely could. Battereing Brighton at home was the perfect opportunity. A local youth talent is much more to the club and fans then say a 60m signing

We're global now, the reality is that local means next to nothing. The English teams you mentioned have won what between them in the last 5 years? Chelsea a premier league the others?
It's no good getting all tribal now and asking for the club to make exceptions because someone was born near Manchester.

The English teams you mentioned have won what between them in the last 5 years?

Trent Alexander-Arnold has won a CL and played in 2 finals at 20 years old.

In fact, if you go back through the CL winners, you'll have to go back to 2010 to find a team without an academy player in the team.

So the idea you can't win trophies and bring kids through is just a total load of bollocks.

Trent Alexander-Arnold has won a CL and played in 2 finals at 20 years old.

Good for him my point still stands, top premier league sides are heavily multi-national, getting into this City side is a lot more challenging than getting in the Liverpool side.
My original point is that having home grown talent meaning very local talent isn't important any more it isn't that important to the club and the changing fan base don't care either.

My original point is that having home grown talent meaning very local talent isn't important any more it isn't that important to the club and the changing fan base don't care either.

Certain new sections of the fanbase are offended by us showing support to gay pride. A lot of them lose their shit whenever their favourite player doesn't start and they'll stop supporting us the second that player leaves. I'm not sure we're too bothered about bowing to their demands so long as they throw their money at the new shirts.

I get your point and that's why a few of the older fans have become increasingly disillusioned but the club isn't as stupid as to completely alienate the local fanbase simply because newer supporters don't really care. The core supporter group is what will bring in money in the long term. Why do you think Phil's been so hyped up since the beginning and arguably given preferential treatment over other academy prospects? Because he's a local lad who helps build a stronger relationship between club and fans.

Plus, to be frank, I think you're wide of the mark. Phil and the academy lads like Harwood-Bellis and Eric Garcia are getting a load of support on a daily basis from City supporters old and new, local and foreign. I think it matters to a whole lot more people than you think.

Dortmund did tbf
Wernt both Rooney and Owen both playing regularly in the premier league when they were 17 aswell? I could be wrong about Owen but pretty sure Rooney was. That said the circumstances of them playing were slightly different to the situation at City as neither player had to force themselves into a championship winning team.

I don’t agree. Especially if the players are good enough like foden is.

Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea even Barcelona right now have brought through kids into the first team (recently). Whether that’s for first team football or players that get a lot of minutes. It’s not some myth - ie another excuse not to play them

The fact is we barely give any of our youngster a chance when we absolutely could. Battereing Brighton at home was the perfect opportunity. A local youth talent is much more to the club and fans then say a 60m signing
The chavs have no choice,i'm sure if hazard was still there a kid wouldn't get a look in,We are going for 4 comps,we are not spurs or chav level anymoreBarca have kids from the b league or whatever it's called,they are not kids with no experience at all

Dortmund did tbf
They are not exactly stuffed full with talent like we are,do we know playing time was actually promised? i can't get my head around anyone looking at the players we have and expecting a kid is able to just walk into the team,phil is progressing fine,we are 5 games into the season and people are losing their shit already

They are not exactly stuffed full with talent like we are,do we know playing time was actually promised? i can't get my head around anyone looking at the players we have and expecting a kid is able to just walk into the team,phil is progressing fine,we are 5 games into the season and people are losing their shit already

How do you he’s progressing fine when he barely plays? In the 21 months since he made his league debut he’s played less than 400 minutes of league football (the equivalent of just over 4 games).

And Barcelona have been playing a 16 year old this season by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.