Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Anybody asked the publicly funded Beeb why they aren't covering this story? It's absolutely fucking scandalous, no wonder paedophiles acted with impunity within that rotten organisation.

Thanks

The general belief on planet Twitter is that they used their own login details. City are the ones being painted in a bad light on the back of the story.
Surely not, otherwise the BBC would be running the story with exactly that spin on it?

I sincerely hope FSG are furious and squirming about this

It’s about time those Yanks got a taste of their own medicine, which they have been dishing out to us behind the scenes for a long time.

Not arsed if it was leaked by City or not. We’ll never know. But I very happy this has come out.

Hopefully more will come out about FSG and the way they have behaved since they bought Littlwoods.

Rod Liddle, writing in the Sunday Times, says "the rather shady deal designed to spare both clubs' blushes and the whopping payoff have the whiff of chicanery about them. But the actual hacking seems, to me, morally no worse than the kind of low tech spying and double-dealing which has always been a feature of our league clubs".

So, nothing to worry about and it's just as much our fault as it is the dippers then!

This settlement was agreed in 2013 so any NDA would have kicked in then. Question is why has it leaked now and has someone ignored terms of the NDA or did it have a time limit which has now expired. I doubt it would have had an expiry date so if that is the case then even more questions arise.

I was referring to the possibility of an NDA in relation to the current UEFA investigation. Either way though I won’t get my hopes up re officialdom taking any action against them

I suspect we settled at £1m because we didn't realise in 2013 that Liverpool are huge thunder ****s who are engineering a media smear campaign/lobbying UEFA against us etc. If this had happened last season I suspect we would be taking them to the highest court in the land by now.

Another example of how our softly softly approach in the early days of the take over was hugely naive.
Tend to agree although not sure we were naive. We were finding our feet from an FFP point of view so perhaps more important to get the money as admission of guilt to be used later if necessary.
All have been given the same rope to hang themselves so now the gloves are off I'm sure others will take note. I am still wondering about Mr Bechs apology during the recent Sane, BM chase.

Never thought I could despise a group of people, a club or an organization more than Liverpool 2018.

Congrats Liverpool 2019. You win.

Liverpool Spy Scandal and Behind Exposure of FFP Leaks - Exclusive in The Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-paid-manchester-city-1m-spy-settlement-mxkns7mb6/

The fact it is exclusive in The Times gives it an apparent greater credibility. This has got legs and it`s going to run.

The article:

(1) states this is the biggest incident of alleged misbehaviour by one top-flight club (Liverpool) to another (City) in the Premier League’s history.

(2) raises again the fact that City’s team bus was pelted with objects by Liverpool fans as it arrived at Anfield for a Champions League match in April 2018 (the subsequent police investigation having promised to bring the perpetrators to justice failed to make one arrest or charge).

(3) re-affirms that Liverpool were among the clubs that had pushed the Premier League to investigate City for alleged breaches of financial fair play rules after allegations made by the German magazine Der Spiegel (these allegations arose from hacked and illegally obtained information - the hacker has recently been charged on 147 counts).

It is probable that Sky`s Sunday Supplement will want to debate such a newsworthy item tomorrow. Matt Dickinson often appears from The Times.

It is widely known that Liverpool `own` many in the media at all levels but they can not be given a free pass for ever. They will be exposed. This is a step along the way.

Agree with all this. It is a significant story because for the first time a major media outlet has revealed the truth about Liverpool's smear campaign against City. Earlier this year Khaldoon made it clear that a campaign had been waged against City but did not identify Liverpool as the culprits. This has been going on for years starting with the smear campaign against Raheem Sterling which was fuelled by leaks and briefings from LFC. It also includes hacking our scouting system and circulating letters urging other clubs to lobby the Premier League to take action against us for FFP. Liverpool FC and Merseyside police also worked together to cover up the violent attack on our team coach.
This is a change of position for the Times who have previously been hostile to City. I suspect Martin Ziegler and his colleagues now also know who has been leaking information from the UEFA investigations committee to the New York Times and this will shape their future coverage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.