Thomas Cook

WOW! the knock on effect on prices, i priced a flight only to Orlando on 01-10 with on the beech prior to TC going bust and it came in at £337 flight with TUI,,,,, now £932

It has nothing to do with the 'unacceptable face of capatalism' All business except those owned by the state is part of capitalism, that is the way most of the world works. Are you saying the state should run every business ?
Perhaps it has more to do with greedy individuals who insist on the cheapest possible price whereby business have to constantly try and drive down prices. These same customers then moan like hell when the service is crap. Someone has already posted that TC were cheaper than Virgin to fly to America there is a simple reason why they were. They were flying to Egypt when no one wanted to go there, they ran high street stores that no one went into. They are just another Woolworths, BHS, Monarch, if people insist on paying the lowest price for everything whilst wanting to be covered for every eventuality, flight cancelled- I want £300 and a hotel etc etc etc.

Perhaps ... just maybe .... its to do with irresponsible people managing the company and taking huge bonuses whilst actually doing fuck all

Expensive holidays in other people's misery ?

Yes because a lot of the lost souls booked with T.Cook have to find alternates so yes Tui are taking advantage of the situation for their own agenda. I paid 2350 with Tui a few days ago for 2 people traveling and now for the same holiday they want 4,300.

Last edited:
TC have been in trouble for years. I sold (software) to them in 2012 and not only could they not afford to pay for it, no-one would lend them the money either as their credit rating was down the toilet. This was 7 years ago and not much has changed since.

It would be naive to imagine that had we just thrown another £200m of our money (the state doesn't have any money, it's all our money) at them, the structural problems in their business would miraculously have cured themselves and everything would be fine. The £200m would have been swallowed up and we'd be in the same situation in another 6 months. Their business, sadly, is broken.

But every body would have been home ....

Tui is now the only full package tour operator in Britain (integrating their own planes in the package and getting discounts on block booking hotel rooms). Everyone else is just mixing and matching flights and hotels and putting ABTA/ATOL protection on it. In most cases it's cheaper DIY but without those protections - but you can still claim off credit cards.

Don’t Jet2 count in this? I always use them. Love their service at the airport and that resort check in thing they do.

Perhaps ... just maybe .... its to do with irresponsible people managing the company and taking huge bonuses whilst actually doing fuck all
absolutely down to greed, these people are no better than greedy bankers who fix rates, said before on a previous post that its grand negligence of CEO's and they should be held liable, in Iceland they would be jailed

I work at the airport and can safely say the people on the front line who have lost their jobs will find employment at the airport, nearly every company from what ive seen and experienced has shortages across the board ,but its not the best time of year though, the summer season ends on the 31st oct , so the amount of flights usually goes down, tommy cook was a major player at Manchester and I have noticed the difference in the aircraft traffic today as well as free stands.

little side story,a tommy cook 330 landed,the capt after he taxied off the run way said to the tower, i hope you've got someone to tow me off because I don't work for tommy cook anymore and im not getting paid, promptly turned his engines off on one of the major taxi ways and fucked it off, haha cant blame him really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.