Films you've seen over and over again But still try to make a point of watching when they're on tv

Midnight Run
Kelly’s Hero’s
Casablanca
Good the Bad and the Ugly
The Train (that hardly ever gets shown)
The train.Is Burt Lancaster in that.
Any western with Lancaster in it I will watch.
Dodge City,They died with their biots on and Robin Hood and loads more with Errol Flynn I will also watch.

It's not so much anything against it per se; I just don't get the hype that surrounds the film. I must have tried to watch it 4 or 5 times down the years, to try to understand what all the fuss is about. But it bypasses me, I'm afraid. Which is odd, as it is the sort of film I should like. Ridlry Scott has a bloody good CV to his name. And I like Harrison Ford. But I suppose movies are subjective; one man's meat, and all that.

I originally went all the way to Brum to see it at an exclusive preview screening and loved it from the off but it got poor reviews on the whole.

The mass love-in / critical acclaim came much later.

I just love the look of the film and its depiction of the near future.

It is a slow burn and script could be better but it’s a visual feast and does contain one of the great movie scenes.

Casablanca
Chariots of Fire
Il Postino
Goodbye Mr. Chips
Twelve Angry Men
The Blue Lamp
Airplane
Mrs. Miniver

Vielen dank Mike lad for the valued input.. And here for your perusal is a clip from that European Vacation und so genuinely hand on heart if you can tell me you did not titter even slightly at the end then yah without fear of redress I will ban myself for three days for the heinous crime of forum bandwidth abuse.

Crying laughing at this but I guess we're all manufactured slightly different.

didn't need to watch as i've seen it, i didn't say they were entirely not amusing, that bit falls in the 4.5 part out of 10, Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.