Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one to take cheap shots at one of our own but he effectively adds nothing in terms of defensive contributions and also end product.

Football is an art and we can’t completely quantify it yet but when he starts as one of our 8s you can just assume prematch that you aren’t going to get any direct goal contributions and it’s unacceptable from such an important position. You need to rack up numbers and they should come naturally over a big sample. We’ve got a large sample now and at some point it’s more than just doing the little things / moving the ball / keeping possession. I’m not saying that Phil should replace him but Phil does have the contributions under his sample and that’s how the game is ultimately won.

Get on the bench where you belong, ambling around leaving Sigurdsson 15 yards to drop into to pick the ball up, missed a sitter, ducked out of 3 tackles, he had a good few months, got his new deal, came back out of shape and has been half-baked all season.

He's denying Foden the back-up spot to Dave and he will never win that argument with me, not on performance nor on sentiment.

Didn't have a poor game but it wasn't a good performance, made more frustrating by the fact that it was probably a lot worse then the game you normally get from Bernardo, Dave, and maybe even Phil in that position. Beats

Surprised he started today a fairly tough examination at Goodison , Pep must see something in training that some of us on here cannot see , he is a safe pair of hands and thats all , dependable and a 6.5/10 player . Merlin would have kept the ball just as well, but would have created more chances than Gundy.
I wont go down the lines of slagging the lad off , but we know his limitations and they are not on a par with Merlin or Bernardo , but Pep loves him and thats good enough for me.

Get on the bench where you belong, ambling around leaving Sigurdsson 15 yards to drop into to pick the ball up, missed a sitter, ducked out of 3 tackles, he had a good few months, got his new deal, came back out of shape and has been half-baked all season.

He's denying Foden the back-up spot to Dave and he will never win that argument with me, not on performance nor on sentiment.

Lol! We both said the exact thing in two different ways. I like your style.

Gundogan's performances does simply not justify being constantly ahead of Foden, who himself is elite level talent.

Once again Gundogan was nowhere near as bad as many of you are making out.

This, c’mon fellas I thought he had a pretty good game. Very good, quick passing. Should’ve finished that opportunity first half but the so should have Sterling second half. Stuff happens.

I saw him twice move into positions where Fern couldn’t find him with a pass. It looked quite deliberate as it was easier for him to move into space.
He is just so frustrating as he can perform like he did against Shakhtar. Time for Phil to get a starting place and be given the opportunity that Gundogan has had.

I saw him twice move into positions where Fern couldn’t find him with a pass. It looked quite deliberate as it was easier for him to move into space.
He is just so frustrating as he can perform like he did against Shakhtar. Time for Phil to get a starting place and be given the opportunity that Gundogan has had.
Yeah thats nothing new, he hides at times, which is concerning that Guardiola lets him get away with it.

Absolutely baffled why hes so obsessed with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.