Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched city for 30 years plus. Seen so many great black players play for us in that time. Clive Wilson, yaya, Michah, Alex Williams who I consider a friend, Michah, Benjani, swp.

Genuinely not once in 1000 games have I seen one racist comment by a city fan to any single back player. Not once have I thought one single negative thought about a black player playing for us. There is literally no difference i see when seeing Martin petrov or swp running down the wing.

The fact that you now can’t have banter with a black friend or colleague About who they look like but you can say debrune looks like zinchebko is an insult to the fact that we are seen as totally equal. You can say I look like David Cameron. You can say Rooney looks like shrek but you can’t have any single comment about who a black man looks like!

Why not?!

The world has gone fuckihg mental.

The black community is so integrated at city over generations and we are as one. That is why this is so upsetting to the club and a marvelllous lad like Bernie to be labelled as racists. We genuinely are not a racist club in any way shape or form. Bernie lives his mate and would never dream of hurting him. It is banter! Men having a laugh.

A laugh because they trust and love each other.

Fucking fuming tonight.

Oh. My. Goodness...

If you have a thinking cap, please wear it...

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.
I think they sent Raheem out for that very reason, he was the best person to answer the questions about it, and he did so eloquently.

Hate racism with a passion. But what is it when you are being hunted down for comparing your friend to a cartoon character.
If for argument sake a black player compared a white player to a cartoon character would that be racist if the situation was exactly the same.
I was involved with youth football and one day a black player came to training with a Danny Welbeck replica hairdo, I said “ hey can I have your autograph Danny” to which another one of the players said I was being racist!
I was gutted that anyone would think that was a racist comment.

I dunno, maybe there's that whole "Black people look the same" thing that people say and now Black people are returning that phrase.

If you were genuinely gutted, I feel sorry you felt that way, BUT you have to be smarter in making jokes to another race.

Bit like calling a Chinese man "Charlie Chan" or when my White wife calls any Spanish man 'Pedro'.

It's grating and embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.