Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

If the club wanted to take Bernardo out of the news they could make an official complaint about this to either the FA or the police.

If the payoff was meant to be confidential, it seems possible that the club are still bound by that agreement.

I haven't seen how this suddenly came to be public.

Yes, but that's not my point.
I don't think the City owners are going to want to go back on an agreement they made, presumably in good faith. It would suggest that the club/chairman's word is meaningless.
Alls fair in love and war and we're quite clearly at war!

The lack of press coverage for this story is shocking. If it was us we'd be getting criticised from all angles.

I’m not at all impressed with the idea that the dippers’ lawyers have threatened anyone.
This story is now in the public domain and can be reported by anyone who doesn’t have a non-disclosure agreement (eg the times) with either of the two parties involved, and they would not be liable to to legal action. In any case, I don’t think that the dippers’ lawyers, and the club, want any of this aired in the public forum of a court of law.
I would suspect that the idea of ‘threats’ has been put up as a smokescreen, but it still begs the question as to why there has been no coverage in the media.
Perhaps there was/is a more rewarding incentive for non reporting.

Sunday Supplement covered Ziegler's story.
My understanding is that they said that both clubs were very clear in 2013 that they weren't going to engage with the media on it.

As it's only been described as a rumour that this payment happened, I assume both clubs continue to not engage. At that point, there isn't anything to report, and nothing beyond rumour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.