Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she affirms: "Similar cartoons of white children simply do not have the same degrading connotations. No one ever got offended by the Milkybar Kid."

If white people do not understand the racist connotations of posting caricatures of any depiction of black people then how can she say this ? Do black people understand offense and prejudice in a way that white people cannot ? This automatic assumption of the moral high ground really annoys me. To Eni Aluko I would say, don't tell me what I can and can't be offended by. What she is saying is that I must be (by all logic and definition) offended by Bernardo Silva's tweet but I must not be offended by any depiction of any white children. I simply do not accept this.

It's actually an extremely racist position to hold.

More on Bernardo Silva. A very confused story. It's a distraction from racism, and then at the same time degrading.

Communciation such as this can be designed to be degrading but this was not.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rnardo-silva-charge-racism-football-eni-aluko

Essentially she's saying the Bernardo issue is minor and it's receiving far too much attention whilst the real problems with racism in the game get swept under the carpet. I agree with her.

While I'm here, why can't people accept that the Conguitos character was created under a negative racial subtext and the Milkybar Kid wasn't?

The RAWK thread on this is seriously messed up. Sterling getting attacked a lot over there for daring to stand up for himself against the dipper media and not crucifying Bernardo, saying he's a hypocrite and using racism to promote himself. Also plenty of people saying what Bernardo has done is in some way worse than Suarez.

The RAWK thread on this is seriously messed up. Sterling getting attacked a lot over there for daring to stand up for himself against the dipper media and not crucifying Bernardo, saying he's a hypocrite and using racism to promote himself. Also plenty of people saying what Bernardo has done is in some way worse than Suarez.
It’s disgusting the way Liverpool fans attack Sterling. It’s not like he’s murdered anyone.

Thanks for telling us what them Neanderthals are thinking, wasn't this the clubs fans who objected to the signing of John Barnes because of his skin colour, they really are a despicable fan base n club.

Essentially she's saying the Bernardo issue is minor and it's receiving far too much attention whilst the real problems with racism in the game get swept under the carpet. I agree with her.

While I'm here, why can't people accept that the Conguitos character was created under a negative racial subtext and the Milkybar Kid wasn't?

What she is saying is "You must be offended by X but you cannot be offended by Y". I disagree with her on this sweeping statement. Why don't we make up a set of rules so we all know what we can be offended by and what we can't? Would make everything much simpler.

Yet Conguitos has an identical white character for its white chocolate products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.