US diplomat wife flees UK after killing teen - not coming back

What a load of crap
I've also driven in the US quite a bit and the biggest danger is when you turn, as your natural instinct is to go onto the wrong side of the road. The other situation is when you're on a parking lot or gas station and you don't have the point of reference of other cars to guide you. Your automatic instinct is to drive on the left.

I've also driven in the US quite a bit and the biggest danger is when you turn, as your natural instinct is to go onto the wrong side of the road. The other situation is when you're on a parking lot or gas station and you don't have the point of reference of other cars to guide you. Your automatic instinct is to drive on the left.
I'm not questioning that I'm saying him saying it's an accident if it was why did she run, she ran because she killed a kid by dangerous driving. I live 3 miles from were it happened and drive through the village twice a day and I see the Americans in the big cars flying around like idiots so that probably helps in the deaths around the world mate. She knows what side of the road to drive on she does it daily.

Well its not deliberate is it.. Its an accident .3 US service people also killed around their bases presumably on the wrong side of the road. I drive in the US for 5 months a year and can still get caught out unless I give it total concentration all of the time.

That’s as may be. The point is she’s (mis)used diplomatic immunity to avoid a hearing. If a genuine accident is her defence, why didn’t she have the decency to put forward her case?

That’s as may be. The point is she’s (mis)used diplomatic immunity to avoid a hearing. If a genuine accident is her defence, why didn’t she have the decency to put forward her case?

Diplomatic immunity cannot be misused.

It either covers her actions or it doesn’t.

In another case an inquest yesterday where a UK soldier was killed by a forklift driven by a US soldier could not investigate the death properly because the US serviceman refused to attend the inquest. He could not be required to.

As I said before which you ignored, he's also mentioned she can talk to the British police if she wishes, she doesn't seem to want too.

So there you go the President has still no problem with that. What do you think of that?

He clearly means that plod can go to the US to talk to her where they have no jurisdiction whatever.

We are talking internationally agreed laws here.
Diplomatic immunity covers any crime.
I find the actions of the US woman and her superiors who removed her reprehensible but it’s quite clear that the UK govt and the US govt have no intention of doing anything about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.