US diplomat wife flees UK after killing teen - not coming back

It's only a one way street if you are blinkered where do you think the sidewinder missiles on our harriers and the stinger missiles came from which enabled the fleet air arm see off the Argentine Airforce. Ask yourself where the fuel on Ascension Island to refuel our fleet came from,all while claiming to be impartial.
Which did a good job countering the Exocets made in France.

Trump' s statement was as usual clumsy and inarticulate and in his own mind he's probably even thinking every country should have the same driving rules as in the U.S. But as much as it pains me to even partly agree with him I remember my American wife turning the wrong way on a dark country road in Devon one night. This was when she'd been living in England for a year then and was used to driving there, like the woman who killed the lad it's not as if she had just got off the plane. At times the memory of how you've done a thing for many years just takes over and I think that's what happened in this case in Northants. But she is a right woman for fleeing the country and an arrogant one for thinking being American will protect her. Send her back and lock her up, as Trump might say.
I don't think anyone is saying that they don't understand how this mistake can happen, that's irrelevant at this point. The point is she has refused to take responsibility for her mistake and so have the US government, with the president himself going up there making excuses for her instead of holding her accountable.

I don't even particularly blame Trump, as there is nothing he could say that would be right because what they have done is inexcusable. There is no fair explanation he can give as to why she shouldn't be held to account, really all he can do if forced to talk about it is being contrite and apologetic about what a tragedy it is that a young man has died. Instead going up there and making excuses for her though is just rubbing salt in the wound for his family, as they know that those (legitimate) excuses aren't remotely related to why she isn't being held accountable

Trump' s statement was as usual clumsy and inarticulate and in his own mind he's probably even thinking every country should have the same driving rules as in the U.S. But as much as it pains me to even partly agree with him I remember my American wife turning the wrong way on a dark country road in Devon one night. This was when she'd been living in England for a year then and was used to driving there, like the woman who killed the lad it's not as if she had just got off the plane. At times the memory of how you've done a thing for many years just takes over and I think that's what happened in this case in Northants. But she is a right woman for fleeing the country and an arrogant one for thinking being American will protect her. Send her back and lock her up, as Trump might say.
I still walk to the wrong side of my truck fairly regularly and go to the passenger side.....thirty years after leaving the UK

It's only a one way street if you are blinkered where do you think the sidewinder missiles on our harriers and the stinger missiles came from which enabled the fleet air arm see off the Argentine Airforce. Ask yourself where the fuel on Ascension Island to refuel our fleet came from,all while claiming to be impartial.

Do you think it was handed over free of charge?

Anyway, a few points arise from this personal tragedy:-

1. A family's grief is compounded by having to deal with Raab, a man with as much personality and compassion as a lump of rock, and then seeing Trump between the lines suggest a couple of hundred grand might shut them up and stop causing an inconvenience.
2. An overt display of US exceptionalism.
3. The usual servility of senior British politicians when it comes to dealing with the US. Junior partner doesn't even come close as a description of this relationship.
4. Realpolitik wins out over humanity every time.

you don’t understand do you?

effectively her husband is a member of the US armed forces and an intelligence officer. She may also be a spook. Their commanding Officer says jump they ask how high.

No point to her coming back because even if she did under her own steam we can’t do anything unless Trump revokes her diplomatic immunity. She cannot surrender it voluntarily.
Tbh mate, what I said was near enough what the lads mum did, saying she should of stayed. And now saying she needs to come back. I'd have thought she'd of been aware of what you stated. Even Trump said it's up to the woman if she wants to talk to the British police. And she's said No.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...acoolas-fugitive-owes-children-return-UK.html

Nothing to do with it, many many countries have used diplomatic immunity to shield their own citizens. I don't agree in the concept of it but it's there to protect foreign governmental workers sited in what we call bad countries.

All well and good if the US actually played by the same rules. They don't recognise immunity when a US citizen is the victim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.