Glasgow ... WOW very surprised.

Haha.

A piece for me has to be the end of a Mother's Pride loaf, first layer, potato scone, the next square sausage, then a slice of Stornoway, and a fried egg with brown sauce.

The greatest meal on Earth.
I am up here midweek working, but will stay over to watch the dippers game on the Sunday evening with my son.. so full breakfast Sunday morning then City centre from lunchtime.. Also love the black pudding as doesn't have the chunks of fat in it..
So anyone meeting up for the dippers game?

My Mrs nan lived in govan, all Celtic fans but lived behind bellahouston park in the shadow of ibrox.
We used to go up every December doing the presents drop off/pickup with family up there, I loved the drive up to Glasgow, some beautiful scenery as you cross into the borders.

Shite hole and I live here.... and clean the streets,
Needles, dog shit, human shite, fanny pads, condoms, dead rats. U get the picture

don’t get me wrong some of Glasgow is nice,(the outskirsts) like East Renfrewshire, high Pollokshields, Bearsden, East Kilbride are decent places with good folk.

That's just not true.

Some bits could do with a clean, particilarly on a sunday morning. What big working city is any different?

Fantastic city, great people, and a unique place.

The places you list, non-descript suburbia, could be absolutely anywhere. Glasgow though, recommend it to anyone.

Haha.

A piece for me has to be the end of a Mother's Pride loaf, first layer, potato scone, the next square sausage, then a slice of Stornoway, and a fried egg with brown sauce.

The greatest meal on Earth.
Don’t like that Scottish plain loaf,I must admit that Stornaway black pudding is lovely and it’s potato cake not scone.

Went up for the Celtic CL game ..loved what i saw of the city..limited experience obviously..

Born a Manc but Glaswegian blood makes me fight tooth and nail every single day.

When they were handing out pure genes, I must have been at the back of the queue.

Moss Side father, Glasgow mother.

The Glasgow accent conjures up so many happy memories, from battered sausage suppers, piece and sausage and The Van.

Scotland is the most beautiful country.

Certainly is mate.

I have been going to Scotland all most every year since my first visit in 1996 and I have loved every visit. I love the cities - Glasgow in particular, Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling, Perth, Edinburgh and I also love the Highlands and the peaceful solitude.

The cities are gritty and real but that is part of the charm (I also like Naples for the same reason), I like the people, the characters. Its not polished but then why should it be?

It is a wonderful country with a great sense of national pride. I often regret that the sense of pride and identity has been watered down more south of the border.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.