Players who might improve us

Haven’t seen a lot of him tbh, only thing that stood out for me is seeing him done like a kipper by a very average palace striker to concede a late winner. Wasn’t aware he’d ever played against us but if he has he didn’t stand out. He’s bigger than Nico but he’s not half the player. He’s average on the ball, not particularly fast, doesn’t turn well and doesn’t read the game as well. Were you baying for him to replace Nico before he had a bad dip in form and the press had a wankfest over how well Mings played against a dreadful Bulgaria.
I have watched Mings since his Ipswich days so you can stuff your Bulgarian wankfest, he is fast and used to play LWB as he has a good touch, he does not panic when he has the ball unlike Ottamendi, and he reads the game just fine since he does not stand out for you i would find it hard to understand how you could form that opinion? but lets face it Ottamendi is utter garbage now and was last season

I have watched Mings since his Ipswich days so you can stuff your Bulgarian wankfest, he is fast and used to play LWB as he has a good touch, he does not panic when he has the ball unlike Ottamendi, and he reads the game just fine since he does not stand out for you i would find it hard to understand how you could form that opinion? but lets face it Ottamendi is utter garbage now and was last season
Nico’s had a bad few games no denying that and maybe he’s not gonna get back to what he was but if you think he was utter garbage last season when he played roughly half the games in the best season ever then you’re just a knee jerk reaction merchant who’s letting a few bad games cloud your judgement. Nico doesn’t panic at all, if he did he wouldn’t have been picked by pep so many times last season and been a stalwart playing virtually every game in our centurions season.
Mings is the latest flavour of the month defender and won’t ever play in a title winning team unlike double title winning hero Nico and in spite of his current poor form you really should afford him a bit more respect given what he’s achieved for us

Nico’s had a bad few games no denying that and maybe he’s not gonna get back to what he was but if you think he was utter garbage last season when he played roughly half the games in the best season ever then you’re just a knee jerk reaction merchant who’s letting a few bad games cloud your judgement. Nico doesn’t panic at all, if he did he wouldn’t have been picked by pep so many times last season and been a stalwart playing virtually every game in our centurions season.
Mings is the latest flavour of the month defender and won’t ever play in a title winning team unlike double title winning hero Nico and in spite of his current poor form you really should afford him a bit more respect given what he’s achieved for us
Ottamendi has my respect but if you have not understood his failing that is your problem , he never was a footballing CB and was fantastic in the air considering his height, but his game was about pace and power and that has gone, as for your foretelling of Mings`s future i will take that with a pinch of salt, Mings biggest problem is his injury record otherwise he would already be at a top club

Ottamendi has my respect but if you have not understood his failing that is your problem , he never was a footballing CB and was fantastic in the air considering his height, but his game was about pace and power and that has gone, as for your foretelling of Mings`s future i will take that with a pinch of salt, Mings biggest problem is his injury record otherwise he would already be at a top club
Kompany, despite his midfield origins was never a footballing centre half either but Pep improved them both in that regard. Nico was never a speed merchant but read the game beautifully, timed his tackles well and was fierce in the challenge. I’m talking about him in the past tense but I think he still has something to offer this season if he can get his confidence back and crucially get Laporte or stones back alongside him to compensate for his lack of pace.

Kompany, despite his midfield origins was never a footballing centre half either but Pep improved them both in that regard. Nico was never a speed merchant but read the game beautifully, timed his tackles well and was fierce in the challenge. I’m talking about him in the past tense but I think he still has something to offer this season if he can get his confidence back and crucially get Laporte or stones back alongside him to compensate for his lack of pace.
Okay getting back to the start, in January we will go in for a replacement for Kompany, the criteria is he must be good enough to challenge Stones he must also be able to play LCB and RCB, Maguire was that man, finding another Englisn player to do that may be impossible so that place may well go to a foreign spot, causing it`s own problems, in the summer Ottamendi will almost certainly leave finding a top quality player that will stand in Laporte`s shadow may well also be impossible, and Mings might actually be the best we can get so he is a good shout

Okay getting back to the start, in January we will go in for a replacement for Kompany, the criteria is he must be good enough to challenge Stones he must also be able to play LCB and RCB, Maguire was that man, finding another Englisn player to do that may be impossible so that place may well go to a foreign spot, causing it`s own problems, in the summer Ottamendi will almost certainly leave finding a top quality player that will stand in Laporte`s shadow may well also be impossible, and Mings might actually be the best we can get so he is a good shout
Why English ? Ake better than Mings. Plays fullback too. Faster, better on ball than Mings. Not as good in air prob. No English premium on fee.

Why English ? Ake better than Mings. Plays fullback too. Faster, better on ball than Mings. Not as good in air prob. No English premium on fee.
Ake was offered the LB role at Chelsea albeit a back up and refused Chelsea let him go as they believed he would never be big enough to command a CB role, he left and joined a team that needed quality more than height, we need height as we are the smallest team in the league, Ake reads the game superbly and is a good footballer but not fast, i also doubt he would give up his first team place unless relegated

Plays in a one-team league but I've been impressed with Kristoffer Ajer, CB from Celtic. 6'6, composed, decent pass and just 21. He's done really well there, I think. Believe he's played some DB and RB too but there's no way he'll play there going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.