"WWYWYWS"

I don’t recall mass walk out on 80 minutes back in the 70’s / 80’s or even the 90’s and Maline Road was just as bad for getting away and missing the traffic. I understand leaving on a CL night early especially if you have kids but does it really matter if your journey is an extra 15 minutes by staying till the end when the kick off is 12.30. Irony is that by leaving early you make it worse for those who stay till the end. Strange as I don’t recall many leaving early last year when we played Leicester so it can be done. Best football ever on show by this club and people leave on 80 mins or earlier.

I also don’t get the “5 mins to half time got to go for a beer” guys either. That’s the same thing. I say this as someone who more than likes a drink but how people can not last 45 mins each way and 15 mins break without needing a drink is beyond me if it means missing the game which is the sole reason for being there!
Amazed anybody drinks the beer at the ground .

Would you leave a cinema or a theatre 15 minutes early, or go get a pie and / or a pint after 45 minutes of a movie? I like a pint, and my figure will confirm I've had the odd pie. But I think for some the whole ritual of getting a pie / pint at a game is more important than the game its self. And getting home takes priority over supporting your team. If I couldn't stay until the end I'd watch it at home, where I could pause it and get a beer and a pie anytime I wanted

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's how it is. If the club cared about atmosphere as much as they claim (they don't), they'd sort these things out.

I'll bet my mortgage on people in Tunnel Club/Legends Lounge etc not having to wait 15+ minutes to be served by someone who hasn't ever used a till before.

I don’t recall mass walk out on 80 minutes back in the 70’s / 80’s or even the 90’s and Maline Road was just as bad for getting away and missing the traffic. I understand leaving on a CL night early especially if you have kids but does it really matter if your journey is an extra 15 minutes by staying till the end when the kick off is 12.30. Irony is that by leaving early you make it worse for those who stay till the end. Strange as I don’t recall many leaving early last year when we played Leicester so it can be done. Best football ever on show by this club and people leave on 80 mins or earlier.
People used to leave Maine Rd early as well, most of the buses on lloyd St had left before the end of the game.

I’m with you on this. Also, Villa had a very good turn out for 12:30 Saturday on TV game
Yes they did and they were in very good voice.
Assuming they're still in the PL next season let's see if they'll still as vocal.
The likes of Cardiff and Huddersfield had one great day out but then went quiet second time around.

Could hear Wolves fans singing "your support is fkn shit" to the Geordies on the 5 Live commentary today. It's just fans banter at the end of the day. Most home support these days is quiet and flat. That's all seater stadia for you.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying that's how it is. If the club cared about atmosphere as much as they claim (they don't), they'd sort these things out.

I'll bet my mortgage on people in Tunnel Club/Legends Lounge etc not having to wait 15+ minutes to be served by someone who hasn't ever used a till before.
I get what you're saying but it's like getting to the front of the pie/pint queue and getting home fast is more important than than the game for some

I get what you're saying but it's like getting to the front of the pie/pint queue and getting home fast is more important than than the game for some

Again, not saying it's right, but there are plenty of people for whom going to the match is a social event. Winning, losing etc is secondary.

it’s very strange for a 12.30 kick off. I suppose the game was won and for some, that’s enough. I wouldn’t have thought people would have left early after going 8-0 up in a game either with plenty of time to get 10 but they did.

Our fans, and I’m generalising a lot, are shit. Half the ground left at 34 mins for a beer, came back 5 minutes late and left on 85. Fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.