Var debate 2019/20

Sterling v wolves, BS v West ham - two clear examples this year of the "Enough contact to go down" arguement. Both pens, but both players took the decision to go down. Dont get me wrong, they have ridden their luck over the last 18 months but that was a clear pen on sunday

Maybe , but how many nailed on penalties dont we get ? Merlin at Bournemouth and KDB at Palace just two examples , you only have to breathe on a Dipper in the penalty area , and there is a triple somersault with a pirouette thrown in

The BIG difference is that rags and dippers get awarded the penalty in the first place. So consequently get the penalty no need to look at it. We don't get it in the first place and doesn't get looked at to be turned over.

Which is exactly as it should be.

The BIG difference is that rags and dippers get awarded the penalty in the first place. So consequently get the penalty no need to look at it. We don't get it in the first place and doesn't get looked at to be turned over.

Which is exactly as it should be.

and that's why current VAR is a joke, but unfair to change mid season. it's a mess

not the point. He did swing his leg and caught mane who did nothing illegal. Clear pen
I can only imagine how many penalties would be given in Futsal if this was the standard (all you have to do is stick your leg in front of another player as they look to play/kick the ball you don’t have possession of).

I watched the LFC penalty and didnt think it was tbh. Saw the replay and indeed a penalty. Thing is though there was no question about it from the refs/var, just automatic pen. And considering all the contentious decisions in the premier league why is it only LFC that have nothing contentious?

I think your use of the word 'dive' sums it up. That's two successive home games they have won 2-1 with penalties awarded to give them all six instead of just the two. Imagine if the Spurs goal had been awarded and those pens not given we would be now top of the league on GD. VAR is working at the moment if you have a lot of money invested in a Candlepool title
Nail on head there, it’s all about the money that’s ‘invested’

I watched the LFC penalty and didnt think it was tbh. Saw the replay and indeed a penalty. Thing is though there was no question about it from the refs/var, just automatic pen. And considering all the contentious decisions in the premier league why is it only LFC that have nothing contentious?
Yes you have to ask why the alti fan didn't give us a pen the other week when he was looking straight at it,Oliver as well,our goals and pen claims seem to be scrutinised more than anyone elses

All we need to do is find out what our “handicap” is, it’s quite common in sport. We’ve just become the modern version of Phar Lap, every victory they add more weight until it becomes “near”impossible to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.