Var debate 2019/20

All VAR has done, is legitimise the corrupt, inept and biased refereeing we (the football fans generally) not rags and dippers, have been subjected to for many a season... The reason the monitors are not used is bleedin obvious, one of the above will need to change their decision and Pig shit dont want that happening under any circumstances ...
I hate VAR with a fuckin passion, get it fucked off before its too late.......!!!

Totally agree. But we all know this won't happen until the dippers are over the hill and far away. How can Alty award the dippers a penalty for contact in the box, when 1 week previous he denies us a pen when Zaha performed the Big Daddy splash on KBD.

absolute boll*cks. Mane did nothing wrong & has every right to step between ball and player. Yes he knew what he was doing and "won" the penalty, but it was a clear penalty, Aurier naive for swinging the leg like that.
If, by swinging the leg, you mean attempting to kick the ball the then yes you're bang on..

If I kicked the bottom of your leg whilst both of us stood still, would it make you dive head first to the ground? Would it fuck.
Clear penalty utter bollocks.

Normally an attempt to block a clearance but not touching the ball and impeding the clearing player is a foul to the player with the ball. Don’t know why it wasn’t this time...

absolute boll*cks. Mane did nothing wrong & has every right to step between ball and player. Yes he knew what he was doing and "won" the penalty, but it was a clear penalty, Aurier naive for swinging the leg like that.
Mentioned it on another thread but if the roles were reversed and Mane was in control of the ball, the defender would be deemed to be impeding the attacker as he hasn't taken the ball for a which a penalty would be awarded.

It can't be a penalty both ways surely?

If I kicked the bottom of your leg whilst both of us stood still, would it make you dive head first to the ground? Would it fuck.
I think your use of the word 'dive' sums it up. That's two successive home games they have won 2-1 with penalties awarded to give them all six instead of just the two. Imagine if the Spurs goal had been awarded and those pens not given we would be now top of the league on GD. VAR is working at the moment if you have a lot of money invested in a Candlepool title

Glad I’m not the only one thinking that Mane incident wasn’t a penalty. Mane was clever and planted his foot where the spurs player was going to swing his leg. He did nothing wrong and had eyes on the ball imo. Similar to Michael Keanes penalty against Everton he accidentally trod on the Achilles of the Brighton defender but had eyes on the ball. Contact happens in football which doesn’t automatically mean a foul for every coming together .

Mentioned it on another thread but if the roles were reversed and Mane was in control of the ball, the defender would be deemed to be impeding the attacker as he hasn't taken the ball for a which a penalty would be awarded.

It can't be a penalty both ways surely?

in the case, it simply doesnt matter who has control of the ball. Mane legally got between the ball and the defender. The penalty was give against Aurier because he kicked him in the legs, knocking him over & preventing him progressing with the ball, which as a result of stepping in front of Aurier legally, Mane is clearly the more likely to get to

Whether he dives or not, it is still a penalty if you kick someone in the legs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.