Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it to mean that he didn't have any particular pressure to play local kids - that meaning no greater pressure to play promising kids than he's under to play his world class / internationals.

IMO the fact is that all managers are under some level of 'pressure' to play every player that they have access to, but that there's a much greater pressure, indeed a professional responsibility on them, to ignore such meaningless distractions as the age or place of birth of players and to do what they're actually paid to do by selecting the team best placed to win when taking into consideration the need to rotate the team.

The journo was just fishing for a sound bite that could be used in a negative headline that the numpties who think they know better than Pep would lap up.

Who was the journalist? He didn’t introduce himself before asking the question.

The impression I got was Guardiola just didn’t want to talk to that particular journalist - he gave him a pretty cold stare as well as the short answer.

Who was the journalist? He didn’t introduce himself before asking the question.

The impression I got was Guardiola just didn’t want to talk to that particular journalist - he gave him a pretty cold stare as well as the short answer.

Yep, I agree, I felt Pep showed distain for the idiot because he was obviously fishing for a negative to use.

He didn’t say the bit you’ve quoted those are just my words, the question put to him was something like “is there added pressure to play local kids?” To which he answered no and then sat in silence and waited for the next question.

so Tommy Doyle has thrown in a transfer request due to lack of game time

If and when Pep’s English footballing fortunes wane, he’ll get a right kicking off the Press. Generally they admire him but I doubt he has a big stock of brownie points.

Lawro's prediction on BBC website is 4-0. Might be thinking more but reluctant to be unkind to Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.