Southampton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Match Official Appointments for #MCISOU: Referee: Lee Mason Assistants: Adrian Holmes | Nicholas Hopton Fourth official: Robert Lewis VAR: Andre Marriner Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

Record in matches officiated by Lee Mason: 18 Wins 2 Draws 5 Defeats 38 Yellow Cards 3 Red Cards

As a general thing we should have a competition before our games,how many yellows and reds we will get
We could expand it to an xY & xR format, given Mason's record I'd go for 3 xY & 1 xR

Haven't seen the video yet, but Im genuinely amazed he's said that given how he's made such a big deal of winning the CL with 9 academy players being his proudest achievement in the past because it's so special.

He didn’t say the bit you’ve quoted those are just my words, the question put to him was something like “is there added pressure to play local kids?” To which he answered no and then sat in silence and waited for the next question.

Match Official Appointments for #MCISOU: Referee: Lee Mason Assistants: Adrian Holmes | Nicholas Hopton Fourth official: Robert Lewis VAR: Andre Marriner Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

Record in matches officiated by Lee Mason: 18 Wins 2 Draws 5 Defeats 38 Yellow Cards 3 Red Cards

As a general thing we should have a competition before our games,how many yellows and reds we will get

Probably not many going by Mason's record. 38 in 18 games is roughly 1 each side per game.

We could expand it to an xY & xR format, given Mason's record I'd go for 3 xY & 1 xR

yellows and reds card early doors would change the game for them ?? but i would still fancy us if we was down to 10 even 9 and we could still win pull something out of the bag, but a hate talking shit when it involves a city game and i truly understand the world is flat and everything is possible when the stars all align

He didn’t say the bit you’ve quoted those are just my words, the question put to him was something like “is there added pressure to play local kids?” To which he answered no and then sat in silence and waited for the next question.

I took it to mean that he didn't have any particular pressure to play local kids - that meaning no greater pressure to play promising kids than he's under to play his world class / internationals.

IMO the fact is that all managers are under some level of 'pressure' to play every player that they have access to, but that there's a much greater pressure, indeed a professional responsibility on them, to ignore such meaningless distractions as the age or place of birth of players and to do what they're actually paid to do by selecting the team best placed to win when taking into consideration the need to rotate the team.

The journo was just fishing for a sound bite that could be used in a negative headline that the numpties who think they know better than Pep would lap up.

Sorry Pep but you have to stop baffling us with medical science.
This season he is noticably more tetchy in his prezzers,he must have learnt a lot about our media last season and in the summer,he doesn't like their questions anymore,he is crap at predcting how long players are out for though ha

yellows and reds card early doors would change the game for them ?? but i would still fancy us if we was down to 10 even 9 and we could still win pull something out of the bag, but a hate talking shit when it involves a city game and i truly understand the world is flat and everything is possible when the stars all align
Errr, did you miss a lot of school perchance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.