Last Film You Saw

The Peanut Butter Falcon
7/10.

I’m all for films like this. Like in the 80s where every film wasn’t filled with superheroes and explosions. Just nice original stories.

So, a Down syndrome lad wants to go to Wrestling camp and escapes his care home to pursue his dream. Bumps into Shia *Lebeufs character whose a bit of an angry lost soul after his brother died.
Sort of a road trip film as they go down Florida’s coast line which is a really nice back drop for the film.

Not an amazing movie but I enjoyed it and would recommend it. Brings a few smiles to your face as they form a brotherly bond.

Also for you WWE fans a couple of cameos from Mick Foley and Jake the Snake.

Finally got to see "Joker" today.

I was astounded how many layers there was to this film, almost avant-garde in delivery. I thought it was wonderful how cruel Todd phillips made the 'Wayne' world of financing. A world that exists through the sterile bubble of extreme wealth that creates barriers to empathy.

I thought it was brilliant how Phillips made 'Arthur Fleck' run parallel with the undercurrent of violence in 'Gotham'; just simmering beneath the skin.

It's a very political film using the backdrop of #45's presidency in place of 'Thomas Wayne'. Really interesting.

Then there was the theme of a lack of Human decency, compassion and caring.

The world is ugly and 'Fleck' and his world comes crashing down because of it. I found correlation with Michael Douglas' "Falling Down" here, but as the two victims go, you feel for 'Fleck' from a Human standpoint and not 'Foster' and yet they're different parts of the same coin.

I liked how sunny the 'Fleck' world became after his embracing his lot and finding his purpose.

I REALLY want to dissect this film deeper and better, but I'll resist!

Hobbs and Shaw, how does Statham get work he’s terrible, the Rock at least is likeable, but these films are dross, why Idris Elba took this gig is beyond me he’s far better than that.

Finally got to see "Joker" today.

I was astounded how many layers there was to this film, almost avant-garde in delivery. I thought it was wonderful how cruel Todd phillips made the 'Wayne' world of financing. A world that exists through the sterile bubble of extreme wealth that creates barriers to empathy.

I thought it was brilliant how Phillips made 'Arthur Fleck' run parallel with the undercurrent of violence in 'Gotham'; just simmering beneath the skin.

It's a very political film using the backdrop of #45's presidency in place of 'Thomas Wayne'. Really interesting.

Then there was the theme of a lack of Human decency, compassion and caring.

The world is ugly and 'Fleck' and his world comes crashing down because of it. I found correlation with Michael Douglas' "Falling Down" here, but as the two victims go, you feel for 'Fleck' from a Human standpoint and not 'Foster' and yet they're different parts of the same coin.

I liked how sunny the 'Fleck' world became after his embracing his lot and finding his purpose.

I REALLY want to dissect this film deeper and better, but I'll resist!
Totally agree, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry in parts. Absolutely beautifully brutal film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.