Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Wasn’t that the reason why their goal was allowed though? I think had he given a penalty then Silva’s handball would have been taken into account as handball seems to penalise the attacking team regardless of the way it happens. Silva’s handball was clearer than Laporte’s against Spurs. I think they would have VAR our pen if given and then overruled it. I don’t think the PGMOL statement refers to that.

No need to worry, Dermott Gallagher will clear up any confusion perfectly on Ref Watch in an hour!!

Are you being serious? We were much better than the dippers and it wouldn’t have been so close if opposition goalkeepers hadn’t thrown the ball in their own net on 3-4 occasions. We should’ve won the title and we did, deservedly so

Yes I am being serious. We got lucky, we lost Fernandinho and Gundogan was dodgy at DM but came good and Vinnie was immense in the latter part of the season enabling us to go on a good run, we lost more games than Liverpool but they drew a lot. It was 1 point in the end and the season was decided on the 4 points we took from them. As much as I don't like Liverpool they are a very good side and this year because of injuries better than us.

I think it's irrelevant. PGMOL confirmed that Silva’s handball wasn’t taken into account for the first VAR decision. The reason a penalty wasn't awarded, according to them, was that Alexander-Arnold's arm was in a natural position. Which is absolute bullshit.
Shows how incompetent and inconsistent VAR is. An a proper system the ref would have pointed to the spot and VAR would then have analyses the decision. On balance as the ball hits Bernardo's hand first under the new laws that should mean a free kick to the dippers not a penalty. The crucial thing of course is the goal would not have been scored at the other end. We can feel very hard done by as if the boot was on the other foot I am sure the dippers would have been awarded the penalty at least by the ref.

Totally agree. Poor clearance from Gundo for the first one lined it up perfectly for Fabinho and at the right pace too. Nothing Bravo could do and the 2nd and 3rd were just good crosses against a very poor defensive line again Bravo can't be blamed.
Every blue should have been giving Bravo their full support yesterday and it baffles me why anyone would throw insults at him before such an important game.

Shows how incompetent and inconsistent VAR is. An a proper system the ref would have pointed to the spot and VAR would then have analyses the decision. On balance as the ball hits Bernardo's hand first under the new laws that should mean a free kick to the dippers not a penalty. The crucial thing of course is the goal would not have been scored at the other end. We can feel very hard done by as if the boot was on the other foot I am sure the dippers would have been awarded the penalty at least by the ref.

If TAA didn't hit it with his hand and Sterling who is stood behind him buried it you know VAR would have ruled that B.Silva handballed it into the path of Sterling and disallowed the goal.

Mahrez has been one of our better players so far.
I have no doubt he is a good player especially as he performed in the second half of last season but he is too inconsistent for me and his decision-making is still suspect (ie he is selfish at times) His presence also prevents using Sterling on the right side which was very effective when Sane was in the team. I am not suggesting we sell Mahrez now with the injuries we have got. I think Mahrez has the skill to be as good as Sterling has become. But if he can't improve to this level then I would sell him in the summer. To move forward we should be aiming for people like Ribery and Robben at their peaks (if we can find them)

Yes I am being serious. We got lucky, we lost Fernandinho and Gundogan was dodgy at DM but came good and Vinnie was immense in the latter part of the season enabling us to go on a good run, we lost more games than Liverpool but they drew a lot. It was 1 point in the end and the season was decided on the 4 points we took from them. As much as I don't like Liverpool they are a very good side and this year because of injuries better than us.
Got lucky? Decisions that went for the vile fuckers and defensive howlers and we still beat them to it, no luck involved at all, and injuries to key players hampered us a lot more than those ****s.

Everyone blames VAR but if Oliver isn't seeing handball there, he shouldn't be reffing. I could have lived with the scenario of him saying that it was handball but he couldnt give the pen because it came off Bernardos hand first and therefore awarded Liverpool a free-kick. What I cant accept is him giving nothing, how on gods earth is that a play on situation?

Rodri was one of our stand out performers before his injury and was decent yesterday. If you think Dinho was excellent all the time in that role you are mistaken. Dinho was so poor in the 2nd half of the 16/17 season that Pep benched him and used Toure who was far less mobile than Rodri. Dinho missed half of the 14 consecutive games we won in the league last season.

Pep "completely unable" to change tactics to cover a team hurt by injury"? How exactly could he change tactics in order to compensate for Ederson's and Laporte's absences? To play like a small team with 10 men behind the ball and pray to football gods that we survive at Anfield? What's the point of those cheap (or deliberately obtuse) criticisms? You want from this team to do much better despite Liverpool gettingbreaks, luck, referee decisions in their favour?

We won 198 pts with make-shift FBs on the left and with one of the best players in the world missing many games. Because we didn'tchange tactics but continued to play the same way. City have an identity and can go to Anfield and play for one game a completely different tactics. This much should be obvious.

And you don't understand much about football if you think we could start with Garcia at Anfield where Liverpool could put 3-4 goals past any team in the world when on song.
I get what you are saying but this is the third time in two years that we have gone to Klanfield and fallen three goals behind before starting to make an impression. Yessterday the dippers didn't really have to try very hard to get that 3 goal lead. I think we should now be very close to putting Garcia and Fodden into the front line more often as the people keeping them on the bench are not tearing up any trees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.