Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep told them at half-time that they were playing well and were unlucky to be 2 goals down. We created enough chances, finishing was poor, not the ability to create. And Aguero was subbed for he wasn't taking his chances. You seem to underestimate Pep's judgement and overestimate your judgement. Have you thought about this possibility? Or you are absolutely certain that he made a mistake and you are right?

I see what I saw, we lost the game and have not won there since 2003 - something needs to change.

I see what I saw, we lost the game and have not won there since 2003 - something needs to change.

We had to deal with injuries, referee decisions, etc. If you think there is a clear algorithm about how to win at Anfield even if you are without several key players, I can't help you. Maybe you need to think a bit more before taking the easiest route of blaming the manager, the players...Liverpool have a great team and have won the CL. It's not like going to Palace and failing to win with a much superior team. We have never played a PL game with the exact same defenders and keeper before. It was always going to be very difficult, especially with all controversial situations decided in Liverpool's favour.

Lacking in proper youth development. Did gave up Kalechi and got Jesus with Foden some have the most games in Pl? Some statistic about youth players and Pep?

Ornstein is reporting again in the Athletic this morning that there are widespread rumors that Pep will leave in the summer. I still think he'll see out his contract but between this, and the Italy stuff, and Pep's wife moving back to Barcelona it definitely seems like it could at least be a possibility. I wonder if any of the uncertainty plays on the mind of the players though? If those types of rumors are hitting the press (from actual journalists, not the usual rags), then certainly they are aware of them as well? Something to think about at least...if he does end up leaving our performances of late could definitely be seen to have a real "last year in charge" sort of look to them in retrospect.

If he can turn it around and lead us to the pl before leaving then he would leave on a high note but if he leaves without getting the pl or the ucl then he would be setting a pattern - his last year at Barcelona and Bayern weren't his best, I would hate for that to be the situation here! The challenge and adversity Mancini faced was worse than this considering the fact that Mancini actually went up against the sinister cheating, arrogant and deceitful Ferguson and against all odds Mancini showed he had the mental strength to ride it out and push the team to become champions. Pep better not chicken out on this one, his reputation is at stake here!

who only came back in for the last few iirc
Pep gives them the tactics,he relied on vinny for the rest,vinny got them focussed and he kept them calm and together,we are a totally different team without him,i'm not surprised the defence in particular look like they just met on the day,i said we would miss his leadership when he left,even injuries aside the rest of them have been together long enough but all of them who are fit at the moment have all been better being led by him,eric would be the leader and will be when he gets back

Pep gives them the tactics,he relied on vinny for the rest,vinny got them focussed and he kept them calm and together,we are a totally different team without him,i'm not surprised the defence in particular look like they just met on the day,i said we would miss his leadership when he left,even injuries aside the rest of them have been together long enough but all of them who are fit at the moment have all been better being led by him,eric would be the leader and will be when he gets back
I agree, we are a different team without him, but to suggest they are no more than gifted individuals who cannot hack it without him is nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.