Mikel Arteta to Arsenal?

My judgement isn't based on one game alone.
I honestly don't know what he brings to the game, once kick off has taken place. For the next two hours, the fella is static. Yes, it's Pep's team, and his orders, but as far as I can see, Arteta simply sits there motionless whilst Pep and other backroom staff are up and about, barking orders. He reminds me of a mute Phil Neal, from that documentary Graham Taylor:An Impossible Job, doing very little, just nodding sagely whenever his boss says something. He might as well be serving tea and cakes to Henry Winter and the like.

To quote Harold Shand from The Long Good Friday "I've heard of a sleeping partner, but you're in a fucking coma"

From where we stand now, I'd rather go with someone with a proven track record, rather than a promoted assistant
That is so wrong I see Arteta numerous times in games go to Pep on the touch
line and speak to him Pep has credited Arteta for things in the past He has allowed him to take charge of team talks I’ve seen it referenced how Arteta has work one to one with players and been credited with their improvement Bergerinstain says one of Pep’s qualities is that he chooses his management team members who are not afraid to speak up against ands disagree with him I’m not saying that Arteta is the answer to who replaces Pep just that the evidence I’ve seen is contradictory to what you have said

Never a fan of assistants taking over the top job, it seems to rarely be a success and even when it is it isn’t instant.

Think arteta would be mad to take the arsenal job though, expectations amongst their fans far exceed what the club is willing to put in. he won’t be given anywhere near the money they need to spend to get the top 4 spots they demand. He would have to perform miracles to get what they want and even then he wouldn’t get the recognition for it. That jobs as much a poison chalice as the United job.

My judgement isn't based on one game alone.
I honestly don't know what he brings to the game, once kick off has taken place. For the next two hours, the fella is static. Yes, it's Pep's team, and his orders, but as far as I can see, Arteta simply sits there motionless whilst Pep and other backroom staff are up and about, barking orders. He reminds me of a mute Phil Neal, from that documentary Graham Taylor:An Impossible Job, doing very little, just nodding sagely whenever his boss says something. He might as well be serving tea and cakes to Henry Winter and the like.

To quote Harold Shand from The Long Good Friday "I've heard of a sleeping partner, but you're in a fucking coma"

From where we stand now, I'd rather go with someone with a proven track record, rather than a promoted assistant
It is based on one game alone though isnt it? That's why you mentioned it in your first post. To say that he is static and unproductive on matchdays is nonsense really. Emtpy vessels make the most noise and who wants an asst manager who mimicks the boss anyway. He has value in ways we wont see on matchdays and wouldnt have been there this long if not. All that said, if he is offered the Arses job he would be daft not to go

That he's stayed here for four season despite constant speculation about moving and seemingly knocking back roles leads me to believe he's been promised to take over Pep.

We'll see what happens, he may go, but I certainly think there are a number of advantages to having him takeover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.