Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

"Sterling and Gomez clashed at the end of Liverpool’s victory over Manchester City, but had appeared to make peace by later embracing.

But Gomez was astonished when Sterling arrived at St George’s Park to meet up for England duty and immediately laid into him again and, according to witnesses, allegedly attempted to provoke a physical confrontation.

It is believed Sterling aimed jibes at Gomez, asking if he still thought he was the “big man” and got into the 22-year-old’s face looking for a reaction.

Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back.

Later realising his error, it is said that Sterling offered an apology to Gomez which was accepted and the pair now consider the fall-out to be finished. Gomez has not faced any punishment."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...pped-montenegro-match-confronting-liverpools/
I’m not having that. Something must have been said

If he's physically touched him (which the statement doesn't say tbf) then he can't have any complaints.

I wonder what was said tho?
Guess we don’t know the details, but I imagine physical confrontations between players aren’t that uncommon at clubs or on international duty. Either he’s done something out of the ordinary, or has been hung out to dry. In the absence of any further details, I’m backing Sterling.

If Sterling apologised and Gomez accepted then this should have been kept under wraps by Southgate instead of acting like a headmaster.
Absolutely, this goes further than Southgate acting the headmaster I'm afraid.

Its pandering to the media dislike of the man, and they (media) are very uncomfortable that he'd managed to turn round the negative attitude towards him, the blatantly racist attitude towards him, now they can go back to their earlier stance, and fans countrywide (not just in liverpool (or villa)) can go back to booing his every touch.

Guess we don’t know the details, but I imagine physical confrontations between players aren’t that uncommon at clubs or on international duty. Either he’s done something out of the ordinary, or has been hung out to dry. In the absence of any further details, I’m backing Sterling.

Oh yes, for sure.

Southgate is a ****, he actually thinks he’s a great manager when in fact he’s crap, just another yes man.

That statement couldn't be more blatantly from Liverpools people tbh.
"Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back." psml
I was impressed that Raz didn't stick one on Gomez at Anfield tbh, he was begging for it. Southgate's a tool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.