Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Sick of this snowflake attitude people have fallen for over the past few years.

Sure. And that would have prevented a fine and ban how exactly?

And if he had done it privately, it it had been made public by a hacker, would he have deserved the same punishment?

No he wouldn’t is the simple answer, but he didn’t. He has a 1 game ban and a small fine, let’s not print t shirts, we ain’t bloody scousers although some are heading that way.

They have not had spears for a long time,benny makes jokes on twitter about himself being difficult to see,no fucker knew about the cartoon so how could they be offended by it,they are best mates who take the piss out of each other,if bernie had meant to be offensive he wouldn't have put it out on twitter

you have just described the problem. Bernardo didn't know and didn't do any research on what he was posting before he posted it. would he have posted it if he had checked it all out first? i doubt that.

He compounded one mistake by then following it up by posting it publicly.

Not everyone will research everything before they post it but if you are in the public eye then it's advisable to do so.

i said earlier in this thread that if he can take this and use it to educate others then he might actually benefit from it PR wise. Anyone with at least 1 working brain cell can see he has accepted the charge to due to a lapse in judgement rather than anything racist.

we all make mistakes.

Maybe, but in what way are there people offended??
I don’t agree with the ban or fine, for what it’s worth. But there were more than a couple on here that stated they found it offensive. Expand that to all who saw it, that aren’t City fans and there’s your answer.

Caused to who,the people in the story weren't offended,they shouldn't be taking any notice of fucking social media
See above.

I think any punishment is stupid and I don’t really care who was offended. The FA disagree.

H'e's accepted that he's made an error of judgement and accepted the charge. He's not been charged with being a racist and anyone with even a bit of sawdust between the ears doesn't believe he is racist.

He should have sent it in private but because he didn't and it wasn't the first social media post that could potentially be deemed as offensive then he's been give a 1 game ban.

had this happened without the pressure from kick it out etc to deal with ill education then i believe he would have received a suspended 1 game ban at most. Think before you tweet and if this means that it gets through to a more folk who have done and still do post far worse with the intention of causing offence and helps to educate children then perhaps Bernardo will take some comfort from that.

He could turn this into a positive and help with the education of others.

He's not racist.

Maybe we should send some sawdust to kick it out.

See above.

I think any punishment is stupid and I don’t really care who was offended. The FA disagree.
They don't give a fuck about people in general being offended,he is punished because after the everton game sky didn't talk about the game,they had a black ex player and hinchcliffe calling him a racist,hinchcliffe blurted out how offended he was and he hasn't heard anything like it in any locker room in his entire career,sky have got him punished,the same way they got sergio banned that time and branded dihno a tactical fouler to get into the heads of the officials,they drive agenda's again our players,what they highlight the fa follow,it stinks

A cartoon figure with exaggerated racial features. Have you seen the promotion behind the brand? Blacked up people holding spears. It may not be racist in his home country but here it would be considered offensive.

Wasn’t that promotional video on TV in Portugal before Bernadon was born? The chances are that Bernardo had never seen the advert.

I'm an old white guy and I think your views are idiotic.

Explain the impact point to me. How is it possible to be offended by this?

Spell it out because I'm really struggling with this.

Were you offended?
If so what form did this offence take?
Are you having trouble sleeping or eating?
Is your career suffering because you can't think about anything else?
Are your personal relationships suffering for the same reason?
Or are you not really offended at all?
Perhaps you're not offended but you're worried about other people who might have been offended.

There's no impact on anyone here.

We live in an incredibly tolerant society and we should revel in that fact.

We shouldn't be wasting our time pandering to people who are running around looking to find offence around every corner.

People like you are part of the problem.

Until enough people start pointing out the obvious about situations like this, i.e. that there's no fucking problem at all here, the situation will persist.

Brilliant post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.