Chelsea (h) pre-match thread

Chelsea (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this will be tough, really tough. Chelsea, by complete accident (transfer ban) have found a superb team in their academy grads and fair play to them. Young, mobile and dangerous. My only concern is our CB/DMF situation. People need to come to terms with the fact that fernandinho is not going back to MF, Pep sees him as a mascherano and he ain't going back by the look of it. Rodri is absolute quality but still learning. Ota and Stones are no longer up to it IMO. left back is an issue, again....
However we are still an unbelievable side, aguero "not firing" is already on 9 league goals, raz flying, Mahrez has been brilliant when played, walker is a real danger on the overlap, David is back etc etc.
I just really hope Gabby's missed pen tonight doesn't stay with him, tough time for him after a great start to the season, I'd love to see him, Sergio and Raz as a front 3 with gundo (he's playing, get over it!) Silva and KDB behind - KDB definitely better in a deeper quarterback role IMO. Could we go walker RB and cancelo LB? Really impressed with cancelo. Mahrez to come in for the last half hour or so and run riot.
I think we'll be too wily for them, they are vulnerable at the back as well. If we can finally convert our chances, 3-2 or 4-2 city.

We really need to win this, but will be though against an improving Chelsea side. Some very good young player in Tomori, Mount and Abraham, but if we don't win this it is goodbye to the title. Still has hope, Liverpool will get on a bad run, it is just up to us to keep going.

Mahrez to come in for the last half hour or so and run riot.
He's not done that all season. Looks class when he starts but does nothing when he comes off the bench. Should start this one easily with Bernardo suspended, especially since Chelsea tend to leave a lot of space at the back.

Chelsea defence is improving but it’s still not great and can be exploited. Having said that ours is not good at the moment either. So should be pretty high scoring.

I’m not worried about this one. Ourselves and Liverpool are playing a different game at the moment. They have been on a good run and have taken their chances but their line up doesn’t fill me with fear.

Think we'll lose this 2-1, been really impressed with Chelsea this last month look a really strong attacking side and they'll come to win. We look to have hit a bit of a brick wall with our style of play, haven't really been on it for a long time. I would choose this side: Ederson, Cancelo, Angelino, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Rodri, De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero.
Subs: Bravo, Walker, Stones, Gundogan, D.Silva, Jesus, Mendy.

Until Rodri is back up to full speed, I want to see Fernandinho as DM, the ground he covers in that role more than makes up for any perceived weakness of playing Stones & Ota together. The space that Liverpool had between our midfield and defence is Ferna's domain, I think he was a big miss there and we need to see him back. so for me
Ederson
Walker-Stones-Ota-Mendy
Ferna
KDB - Silva
Mahrez - Aguero - Sterling

= convincing win :)
Why would Rodri not be up to full speed? He suffered a twinge looked ok against the dippers. Stones and Otto is more than a perceived weakness on current form it is a liability. Never mind Ferno they would need a small mountain range protecting them. Mendy is as reliable as rain in the outback so maybe it will be Angelino again and I think he did ok the last day. Long past time to give our own youth a chance but I guess it won't happen.

On the other side of the coin play like we did against wolves and Norwich and we will loose

well yes but the last performance is a bit more relevant. i think the players will want to prove something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.