UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If City sued then it would finish his career. He would have to prove the allegations were true based on the evidence of stolen emails provided by an alleged blackmailer and published by a German newspaper that has been investigated by press regulators in Germany for making up stories. Good luck with that.

It would be the end of The Athletic more than his career.

They are his employers and is protected to a large degree in terms of liability.

It would be the end of The Athletic more than his career.

They are his employers and is protected to a large degree in terms of liability.
Hard to get a job in the media when you cost your employer a lot of money. It will be a case of: "Don't call us. We'll call you." This is quite a serious libel if City choose to take a kick into the open goal they have been offered. I agree that a blunder like this could threaten the entire Athletic project. These stories are damaging City's reputation globally. I honestly don't know why we have not taken some of our press enemies on up to now. A lot of stuff published has been libellous. We could give the damages we win to Vinny's charity for starters.

Hard to get a job in the media when you cost your employer a lot of money. It will be a case of: "Don't call us. We'll call you." This is quite a serious libel if City choose to take a kick into the open goal they have been offered. I agree that a blunder like this could threaten the entire Athletic project. These stories are damaging City's reputation globally. I honestly don't know why we have not taken some of our press enemies on up to now. A lot of stuff published has been libellous. We could give the damages we win to Vinny's charity for starters.

Just a thought about this, maybe we have been unable to pursue action against any media outlet while the current investigation is still ongoing?
We are possibly also giving people enough rope to hang themselves.

Yes, but it seems it was unclear at the time whether the adjudicatory body had the power to decide any punishment for itself or was bound to follow the investigatory panel's rec.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/dis...trolling-body/adjudicatory-chamber/index.html

"The adjudicatory chamber may take the following final decisions: to dismiss the case; to accept or reject the club's admission to the UEFA club competition; to impose disciplinary measures; to uphold, reject, or modify a decision of the CFCB Chief Investigator."

I thought I'd go to the source! That reads fairly clearly to me.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/dis...trolling-body/adjudicatory-chamber/index.html

"The adjudicatory chamber may take the following final decisions: to dismiss the case; to accept or reject the club's admission to the UEFA club competition; to impose disciplinary measures; to uphold, reject, or modify a decision of the CFCB Chief Investigator."

I thought I'd go to the source! That reads fairly clearly to me.
Interesting chap this panel member Charles Flint (England)
Charles Flint QC is a leading barrister and mediator, particularly noted for his expertise in financial services.

He is recognised as a leading silk in financial services law and as a leading mediator in Chambers UK 2020 and Legal 500 2019. Charles is included in the Legal 500 "Hall of Fame" in recognition of his role as a mediator.

In May 2018 Charles mediated the settlement of the claims brought against the Secret Intelligence Service arising out of the rendition of Abel-Hakim Belhaj to Libya in 2004. On 10 May 2018 the Attorney General made a statement in the House of Commons reading the apology given by the Prime Minister to the claimants following the mediation.

Charles is a director of the Dubai Financial Services Authority, a member of the Investigatory Powers Tribunal, which judges claims brought against the UK intelligence agencies, a member of the UEFA Adjudicatory Chambers which decides financial fair play cases, President of the National Anti-Doping Panel, which decides doping cases in UK sport, and Chairman of the International Tennis Federation tribunal.

Although Charles primarily mediates in financial services and banking cases he also mediates human rights, employment, fine art, insurance, professional negligence, public procurement, and sports law disputes. He has mediated in the UK, Europe, Asia and Africa.

Charles also acts as an arbitrator in commercial, banking and sports disputes.

EXPERIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.