Yaya Toure apologises

I respect people who apologize but I can only forgive those who actually demonstrate contrition.

True sign of character is how you act when faced with adversity, Yaya can jog on

It's pathetic - completely ruined a legacy that should have been celebrated 'til the end of time...
He blew his chance of being remembered in the same way as Zabba and Vinnie. Which is a shame. As a player, he was a colossus for us. 5hough he faded away badly in the last 12-18 months. But he and his agent left a sour taste when they left.

I don't doubt that he regrets it but I also don't think that regret is down to him being sincerely apologetic. I reckon the past 12 or so months have been a bit of a reality check, and he's started to realise how much he ruined his own legacy. Probably sees Vinny, Dave, and Kun constantly exalted and celebrated and knows fully well he would've been held in a similar regard if not for his shennanigans. Would've easily been given a role within the club after he retires as well, but now he's stuck doing punditry, which isn't going to last forever since he's so bad at it.

All that being said, I don't really feel any animosity toward him. He's just a footballer with a big ego. I get nostalgic thinking about some of his performances and I'll always be grateful to him for his role in our title wins, but ultimately I just feel kind of apathetic to him on a personal level, which can be contrasted with the personal admiration and love I've got for Vinny, Kun, Dave, Zaba, etc. It's not a feeling of anger - it's just a feeling of 'yeah he was there and he played a big role'. No real emotional sentiment attached to it.

Gonna balance the good things with the bad, and its hard to get away from Yaya being the biggest cog in the machine that elevated us to the top domestically( FA cup, big performances,goals,etc).His goal repertoir is absolutely superb, and for me, all that just tips the balance in his favour. Put all that shit stuff to the back of your mind and think, fa cup semi+final, storming unstoppable runs,that goal v Sunderland, the free kicks, the two v Newcastle,etc etc. He may have blotted his legend copybook off the pitch with a lot of fans, but on the pitch? surely a legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.