Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Our pressing really is non existent these days.

I don't know the dippers conditioning coach is but, you have to admire the fact they have hardly had an injury, play pretty much the same side with one or two rotations at a high level of intensity for over 1 and bit seasons now.

I put it down to aging legs and limited mobility, and in case of Gundo lack of fitness and desire.

Only when Gundogan came, we managed to finally limit their game. He changed the game completely and they couldn't create anything except maybe in last 10 minutes when KDB started to gift them balls after balls. When Rodri was there, our midfield was like Swiss cheese.

To be fair, and I do like both of them, Willian was primarily up against Mendy yesterday, who could have made my gran look like an Olympic sprinter in that match.

And she’s been gone a decade next month.

Fair point, well made, but he did have couple of runs where he tore through our midfield - which, again, did look distinctly pedestrian in the first half.

That breakaway near the end of the first half - Aguero to Silva who passed to Sterling who let it go out for a goal kick because he thought he was offside. I said that was stupid - and it was: he was onside.

https://ok.ru/video/1794824342118?fromTime=3163
Many of us pointed out Raheem’s decision there made very little sense, even if he had actually been offside:

Option 1 — Let it go for a goal kick
Option 2 — Play the ball and potentially give away a free kick in the exact same place as a goal kick

There is absolutely no reason not to play the ball in that situation.

He just wasn’t thinking — happens to the best of us every now and then.

Absolutely and it’s not just us. Nearly every fan of every other team knows they’ve been done by VAR when Liverpool is involved, as well.

There is a reason #LiVARpool is trending on the twitter.

It is all geared to allow them to win the title, get another name on the trophy and increase the subscriptions from all the sleeping worldwide dippers.

Fair point, well made, but he did have couple of runs where he tore through our midfield - which, again, did look distinctly pedestrian in the first half.
Completely agree there. I’ve said a few times that he is very much a City player and I would have had a younger Willian here in a heartbeat.

He and Son are actually the two attacking players I would most like to have in the team from the other “top six” clubs.

There are more than a few defenders, especially with our current state. ;-)

Completely agree there. I’ve said a few times that he is very much a City player and I would have had a younger Willian here in a heartbeat.

He and Son are actually the two attacking players I would most like to have in the team from the other “top six” clubs.

There are more than a few defenders, especially with our current state. ;-)

If I remember rightly we tried to sign him but he chose Chelsea.

He was brilliant and more than ably supported by Jorginho and Kovacic. Thought in the first half Willian was very impressive, too. A real turn of pace for a 30 or so year-old.
Jorginho and Kovacic were good for about 30 mins.
Both were at fault in the second goal and Jorginho in the first.
Second half the only problems we had was when Kev and Ilkay gave the ball away in the last 15 mins of the game.
Cannot remember Eddi making a save.

Many of us pointed out Raheem’s decision there made very little sense, even if he had actually been offside:

Option 1 — Let it go for a goal kick
Option 2 — Play the ball and potentially give away a free kick in the exact same place as a goal kick

There is absolutely no reason not to play the ball in that situation.

He just wasn’t thinking — happens to the best of us every now and then.

He did the same thing a few weeks ago. Can't remember who we were playing but he was onside that time as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.