Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Raheem looked so off it yesterday, whether he's playing with an injury or his head was in another place it wasn't the lightning quick raheem we know, even his 'goal' he didn't make a true connection when it was there to be struck.

He did the same thing a few weeks ago. Can't remember who we were playing but he was onside that time as well.
I missed that one.

Can anyone confirm who it was against and what time in the match?

I am curious if we can pick out any common elements that are present when it happens. My guess is it tends to happen after he does a half-pitch sprint/dribble, as I think he gets momentarily tired and his higher thought process tends to shut off for an instant. Something I am sure Pep and co are working to remedy.

Need a quality CB who can lead us on the pitch , another striker to help Gab , next season is likely to be Kuns' last , a replacement for Ferny and Silva and a better back up for Eddy.

We get those into the first team squad next season and we shall dominate again.

Thought we splashed 62 mill on Ferny's replacement in Rodri ? It's important to remember that Fern is older that Merlin and Kun Aguero but still looks fitter and in better condition than either. Does Pep see his final years with us as a CB ? I agree with the rest of your comments.

Thought we splashed 62 mill on Ferny's replacement in Rodri ? It's important to remember that Fern is older that Merlin and Kun Aguero but still looks fitter and in better condition than either. Does Pep see his final years with us as a CB ? I agree with the rest of your comments.
Rodri is Dinho’s replacement.

It’s strange how, after a single lacklustre performance 15 or so matches in to his tenure (with nearly every other one being praiseworthy), Rodri is seemingly being written off by many on here.

It’s strange how, after a single lacklustre performance 15 or so matches in to his tenure (with nearly every other one being praiseworthy), Rodri is seemingly being written off by many on here.
Strange but sadly not unusual.

Thought Kev had a very average game, aside from being way below his usual high standard of passing accuracy, what really worried me more was he lost ball possession in central midfield quite easily on three occasions.

The thing is, the Chelsea midfielder didn't do anything special to get the ball off KdB, all he did was wait for Kev to turn in the opposite direction from where he received the ball and got the ball off Kev quite easily.

So Kev was very predictable yesterday.

KDB doesn't look fit enough to me. Yes I know he ran 11km yesterday but he look gassed after about 30 minutes - possibly because Aguero, Silva and Mahrez did no pressing to speak of themselves. Kev was caught in possession several times and sloppily gave the ball away too often (by no means the only one yesterday). He looks to me like he's carrying a few extra pounds compared to his 17/18 best year. He needs to get himself fitter. We need him at his best.

Exactly. I like Rodri a lot. Shame he got injured just when he was getting bang up to speed. Think we'll see his true worth next season.

Raheem looked so off it yesterday, whether he's playing with an injury or his head was in another place it wasn't the lightning quick raheem we know, even his 'goal' he didn't make a true connection when it was there to be struck.
Didn't even know he was playing until the second half, Mr invisible.

KDB doesn't look fit enough to me. Yes I know he ran 11km yesterday but he look gassed after about 30 minutes - possibly because Aguero, Silva and Mahrez did no pressing to speak of themselves. Kev was caught in possession several times and sloppily gave the ball away too often (by no means the only one yesterday). He looks to me like he's carrying a few extra pounds compared to his 17/18 best year. He needs to get himself fitter. We need him at his best.
In what way does he look gassed?

He out ran everyone on the pitch

Yes he gives the ball away but it's not through tiredness it's usually because he's trying things with the ball and not playing it safe. He drives most of our attacks every game from deep in midfield.

He has bulked up but that is due to his new role imo. Pep has made him stronger physically to cope with his position. KDB used to be pretty lean but now he's more box to box and is expected to put himself about defensively he needs to be bigger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.