Pep's contract situation

Think both Pep and the club have been clear on this
Pep”I want to stay longer”
Club “for years to come”
He will rebuild this team and will be given funds to do so

I thought he’s be here until the end of next season but I’ve a feeling he will call it a day at the end of this season, which would be disappointing, but we will get Potchitino

If we don't win the league or champs league this season I think he'll stay and see out his contract. I honestly don't see him going out on a 'low' point.

If we don't win the league or champs league this season I think he'll stay and see out his contract. I honestly don't see him going out on a 'low' point.

It might be taken out of his hands. If the club see Potch as a very good alternative(they may do they may not) and we can only get him this summer then they might politely ask Guardiola to leave

It might be taken out of his hands. If the club see Potch as a very good alternative(they may do they may not) and we can only get him this summer then they might politely ask Guardiola to leave

Do you seriously believe this?

We would ask one of the greatest managers, who broke most records in English football with defenders like Otamendi, Delph, Zinchenko, etc. to leave, because Pochettino is available, the same Pochettino who is so good you can't write his name correctly and who was fired from Spurs, because they couldn't win away from home from January to November?

Pep is not a man without dignity. He wouldn't wait to be asked anything, if the season was really shit and he was responsible for that (and not say injuries, referee decisions, etc.).

Last edited:
Do you seriously believe this?

We would ask one of the greatest managers, who broke most records in English football with defenders like Otamendi, Delph, Zinchenko, etc. to leave, because Pochettino is available, the same Pochettino who is so good you can't write his name correctly and who was fired from Spurs, because they couldn't win away from home from January to November?

Pep is not a man without dignity. He wouldn't wait to be asked anything, if the season is really shit and he is responsible for that (and not say injuries, referee decisions, etc.).

No, I don’t particularly believe it but it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility if I was running the show and if I rated Potchitino highly

If management do rate him and do want him, I think they would ask Guardiola to sign on for 3 more years or call it a day - I’m not even sure our management team like Potch. I was merely suggesting that if they did, that would probably be the only realistic way of getting him

No, I don’t particularly believe it but it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility if I was running the show and if I rated Potchitino highly

If management do rate him and do want him, I think they would ask Guardiola to sign on for 3 more years or call it a day - I’m not even sure our management team like Potch. I was merely suggesting that if they did, that would probably be the only realistic way of getting him

OK, the noises coming from the club don't quite fit what you say. If the season is shit though, Pep will probably decide to leave without being politely asked to do it. Personally,I think that the club bosses like Pep so much that they would be really happy to extend his contract even if we had a catastrophic season. Hopefully, we will have a good season though.

OK, the noises coming from the club don't quite fit what you say. If the season is shit though, Pep will probably decide to leave without being politely asked to do it. Personally,I think that the club bosses like Pep so much that they would be really happy to extend his contract even if we had a catastrophic season. Hopefully, we will have a good season though.

Of course it doesn’t match what the club are saying, I made it up as a potential eventuality based on very little other than Potch is available, our management might rate him and Guardiola’s contract runs out in 18 months

This is not a hill I am going to die on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.