Pep's contract situation

To me it was just well worded so as to not confirm or deny anything. No chance he extends further in my opinion. “For years to come” = 1.5 years to come.

I have absolutely no idea whether he stays longer than his contract but the phrase “for years to come” would not be used by someone talking about 18 months.
It just wouldn’t.

Whether Pep was to leave tommorow or stay for another two years I LOVE the guy What he has done in the last few seasons is nothing short of miraculous As respected as he is his shelf life will be dictated by winning things He puts his heart and soul into his job and will not hang about if its going tits up For the first time i sense real pressure not all of his own making injuries i think have been constant to our major players. VAR has been a nightmare with it being the biggest talking point over the game we love and frankly players who were magnificent last season have not hit the mark Case in point but not restricted to the Silva"s David has sadly slowed and perhaps this is one year to many and Bernardo is half the magnificent player of last season Watching a re run of the fa cup final v Watford last night he was awesome

Surprised there has been no thought of him taking a non-coaching position within CFG.

He can maintain his relationship with Mansour/Khaldoon/Ferran/Txiki, while stepping aside from the day to day managerial role. Maybe Director of Football for CFG?

Just spitballing, but one never knows what they might work out for him, given his role in the development of CFG. Maybe slide him a 1% stake for his troubles?

There is ALWAYS more than one way to skin the cat!

Given the current cash injection from that 10% recently purchased, surely this means we will have quite a lot to spend in the transfer window in the summer?
I like the vibes i'm getting for him extending his stay here, he seems very happy here.
I was a bit worried up until i saw the recent interview with Khaldoon, I thought his time was coming to it's last stages with us, but after seeing what Khaldoon said and hearing the quotes from pep, it sounds to me his work here isn't done yet.

Which makes me glad that Mourinho came back to the league, with Klopp doing well at the scousers and an imminent big name manager to come into Arsenal this weekend too you'd imagine.
He'll be relishing the challenge to go toe to toe with them all for the foreseeable.

Messi in the summer anyone? ;)

Surprised there has been no thought of him taking a non-coaching position within CFG.

He can maintain his relationship with Mansour/Khaldoon/Ferran/Txiki, while stepping aside from the day to day managerial role. Maybe Director of Football for CFG?

Just spitballing, but one never knows what they might work out for him, given his role in the development of CFG. Maybe slide him a 1% stake for his troubles?

There is ALWAYS more than one way to skin the cat!
Just can't see him taking a non-coaching role yet. He has always made it clear that he loves the day-to-day stuff on the pitch and hates the background politics. He left Barca and Bayern ultimately because he hated the internal backbiting. He may take a one-year break from the frontline and stay with CFG, perhaps working in New York for the group (a place he loves) and then come back. That would be great for City. We could blood someone like Arteta for 12 months. Pep gets a rest and Arteta gets huge experience. Who knows? Whatever happens Pep can choose what he wants to do and it won't be about money.

Pep has said on more than one occasion he would love to go back to coaching youth teams. Away from the superstars and ingrain his beliefs and passion into young lads whilst they are still fresh to learning.

I could easily see a global CFG position for him. Running the youth academies across the world, football schools and so forth.

I believe Pep will stay another 2 or even 3 years.
As Khaldoon said, and Pep said previously, they have a great relationship and environment to keep building. I don't see why he would leave as he has everything here.

I thought he’s be here until the end of next season but I’ve a feeling he will call it a day at the end of this season, which would be disappointing, but we will get Potchitino

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.