Newcastle (a) post-match thread

I know this is controversial, but when I watch some of his recent games, I would even seriously consider selling Sterling.

He is at the top of his value and for £200m, we might need to take one step backwards to take two forward?

Add that to £100m plus for Sane, and we can surely fill the team with more youthful quality.

On his day, Sterling looks a world beater, but there are times when he looks less than ordinary.

They thought Ferguson was mad to sell Ince, Stam and Van Nistelrooy, but he knew when to cash in and replace for the sake of moving forward again.

I would expect the majority to disagree with me but I think the market is bottoming out and we need to start thinking where this team of ours is going to be in a couple of years time.
Interesting idea but who would fill the homegrown quota? I think we need to get shut of Mahrez to be honest as he's too inconsistent and his great goal aside his last four of five performances have been shocking. Sterling on the right will help him. Biggest concern for me is replacing Sergio as I don't see another natural finisher in the club at the mo.

Summed up perfectly although the ref was far from any blame today. Cityitis is well and truly back. In fact today was arguably the perfect definition of Cityitis.

Wasn't trying to blame the ref at all - he was shite though, but we are just so poor defensively atm, even against abysmally bad teams going forward. I for goodness sake have a better touch than that Joelinton guy, who looks a pub footballer at best.

It always amazes me how far Sterling has come in the game considering he actually isn't very good at kicking the ball.

That miss at the end was an absolute sitter but he never looked comfortable putting his foot through it first time.
Today he was just kicking the ball and hoping he would somehow get though a pack group of players. Good goal though.

The team is lacking motivation and hunger. I think we should focus on champions league and 2nd position in premier league. We have few problems
1) The injuries to our key players ( Sane and Laporte)
2) The "Walker" problem. He cuts inside and leaving himself widely exposed. His defense is not good. He should nt play Champions league matches
3) Bernardo is not "The bernardo we know", he should start playing well he is very good player and today he lost very good chance to score
4) we dont have back up striker for Aguero, jesuz is not up to that
5) Our play is so slow, passing passing and we are not playing quick.

We are behind our team through thick and thin. We trust pep, Comon city, we will Champions league

Agreed mate, but the League Cup is a trophy in my book.
Of course it is but it would still be a disappointing return if we are being honest when put into perspective. Having said that there’s an increasing possibility that we won’t win anything at all, especially if we keep playing the way we have been

Not good enough, which has been the theme this season really. Rebuilding job required in the next couple of windows, we need a new LB, cb and striker. No urgency in the team, the build up play is too slow and defensively we are no where near good enough.

The league is gone we just need to ensure we get in the top 4.

Hopefully we’ll get players back and click in by feb when the champs league starts again. At least we can go all in for that this year now. We’re massively missing Leroy on counter attacks. Oh well could be worse - think of those poor things in London yesterday. Suppose it’s only football
Enough about Arsenal! Who cares about them?!

No other team at the better end of the league has had significant injuries to compare to ours. Has any other team had the shite decisions with or without VARrce this season. It is difficult enough to win a title when everyone is on their game and yer get a fair run of the ball and rub of the green, but we having to make do and mend and the cloth is getting frayed and the threads are looking a bit thin! There is January.

Anyway, I am retiring from football until our lasses kick off tomorrow and hopefully ram half a dozen down the Dipper gullets!
But we have the best squad in the Premier league

Disappointing all over the pitch today, we seemed to carry on from where we left off on Tuesday, slow, uninspiring, predictable in midfield and going forward and woeful at the back. You'd have to think Mendy has just played his way out of the team today and probably Gundogan as well. I'm shite at tactics etc, and so stand to be corrected, but our style of play appears so different to last season, we are so narrow and hardly ever seem to get behind the last defender which we used to do consistently. It's like trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle at times with teams playing 5-4-1, it's not just getting past the defenders but getting out of our own way as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.