Should we prioritise Champions League now?

Lie you optimism and undoubtedly Laporte is a huge miss

People should not pin their hopes on SAne though.....by the time he returns he will have a few months left before he gets his move to Bayern - he wont be busting a gut

History definitely shows though that form isn’t everything in that competition.

Look at Spurs last season even. Hopeless in the league since January.

With a bit of luck we can definitely do it and we’ll be helped by a fully fit squad at exactly the right time hopefully.

History definitely shows though that form isn’t everything in that competition.

Look at Spurs last season even. Hopeless in the league since January.

With a bit of luck we can definitely do it and we’ll be helped by a fully fit squad at exactly the right time hopefully.

while i see your point teams that are low on form usualy have a solid defensive platform and midfield - we dont.....we are wide open at all times and Pep doesnt do setting up to park the bus (nor should he) to try and scrape a win....Pep would rather lose 3-4 goals than change his principles (and again Im fully in support of that) but there is no way we are scrapping through on luck as our game plan/play doesnt allow it

while i see your point teams that are low on form usualy have a solid defensive platform and midfield - we dont.....we are wide open at all times and Pep doesnt do setting up to park the bus (nor should he) to try and scrape a win....Pep would rather lose 3-4 goals than change his principles (and again Im fully in support of that) but there is no way we are scrapping through on luck as our game plan/play doesnt allow it

Neither did Pellegrini’s tactics and Spurs weren’t defensive against Ajax either. They also didn’t park the bus against us at the Etihad. I think you’re underestimating how good we are based on current form and the injuries we have.

The frustrating thing is at the moment the traditional big European clubs are currently so average.Obviously that offers us hope if we can get Laporte and Sane back for the knockouts. The only team in Europe who can defend unfortunately are the scousers.

It's great opportunity to win the Champions League but we could with a huge slice of luck and more importantly our injured players to return to have a real chance. However we should keep going in the league and see were we end up.

Neither did Pellegrini’s tactics and Spurs weren’t defensive against Ajax either. They also didn’t park the bus against us at the Etihad. I think you’re underestimating how good we are based on current form and the injuries we have.

I think you are underestimating how poor we are....Newcastle caused us problems yesterday and they are awful compared to the champs league teams....did you see the performance in the champs league the other night...awful again and we just got a draw
....we sint going very far in it unless we get huge amounts of luck

The frustrating thing is at the moment the traditional big European clubs are currently so average.Obviously that offers us hope if we can get Laporte and Sane back for the knockouts. The only team in Europe who can defend unfortunately are the scousers.

they conceded more than us this season though.

We've conceded more in the league. They conceded a few against Arsenal in the league cup which I'm sure they'll be devastated about. Especially when their u18's lose to Villa in the quarters whilst they win the world club comp instead.

they conceded more than us this season though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.