#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus has the 2nd highest number of offside in the premier league this season.

Vardy is 5th.

Vardy has played more games and more full games in that period. More opportunity to be offside.

He clearly isn't offside twice as much.

He's also scored more goals.

Over to you son.

First things first. "Jesus has the 2nd highest number of offsides in the premier league this season" is simply a flat out lie.
Chris Wood - 20
Raul Jimenez - 14
Jamie Vardy - 14
Almiron - 13
Jesus - 13

Jamie Vardy. Games 191. Offsides 178. Offsides per game 0.93

Gabriel Jesus. Games 80. Offsides 50. Offsides per game 0.625

First things first. "Jesus has the 2nd highest number of offsides in the premier league this season" is simply a flat out lie.
Chris Wood - 20
Raul Jimenez - 14
Jamie Vardy - 14
Almiron - 13
Jesus - 13

Jamie Vardy. Games 191. Offsides 178. Offsides per game 0.93

Gabriel Jesus. Games 80. Offsides 50. Offsides per game 0.625

At the time of posting, my statistics were accurate (before Leicester played last night). Vardy and Jiminez must've had a couple of offsides last night. This is probably why you waited until today to respond.

Your own statistics clearly show Vardy isn't offside 'twice as much' as Jesus.

You were wrong mate, come on admit it.

At the time of posting, my statistics were accurate (before Leicester played last night). Vardy and Jiminez must've had a couple of offsides last night. This is probably why you waited until today to respond.

Your own statistics clearly show Vardy isn't offside 'twice as much' as Jesus.

You were wrong mate, come on admit it.

Oh I'm so, so, sorry, I'll amend my comment to 1.5x

What awful logic.

Jesus is far from world class. He’s not even our number one striker
. He needs to do what he did in the first half last night, over a number of years.

The irony...What is 'even' supposed to mean here, given that our number one striker is among the best in the world? Not being equal to one of the very best strikers in the world = being far from world class. Sound logic that.

Last edited:
This thread has become quite sad. I dont think anyone is saying Jesus is currently better than Aguero, but that doesn't seem to be acknowledged by those looking to find flaws in his ability. What Jesus is, is a very young and exciting striker in his own right and from a totally different mold than Aguero. For his tender years, he has achieved so much and reached a standard many will never achieve over their careers.

We are blessed to have two fabulous strikers at the club and we should embrace that rather than having a pissing contest as to who is better.

This thread has become quite sad. I dont think anyone is saying Jesus is currently better than Aguero, but that doesn't seem to be acknowledged by those looking to find flaws in his ability. What Jesus is, is a very young and exciting striker in his own right and from a totally different mold than Aguero. For his tender years, he has achieved so much and reached a standard many will never achieve over their careers.

We are blessed to have two fabulous strikers at the club and we should embrace that rather than having a pissing contest as to who is better.
Where does it say on here that Jesus is better than Kun?

Remember lads, if you're not better than the greatest striker to play in the prem, you're dogshit. Simple as.

One day I'll understand the mentality of some fans who keep rooting for the downfall of a 22 yr old who has the humility to sit on the bench season after season, yet never complain and always puts in his 100% on the pitch, whenever he does play. He is a proper striker. Put your trust in a future 30 goals a season striker rather than a salivating over a shiny new toy every few months.

Jesus is not given enough credit imo. Joined us as a teenager after becoming a hometown hero in Brazil. Was immediately parked behind one of the greatest out and out strikers in history and has pretty much just been thrown into the team as and when required without a real run of games. He has learnt English, lives in the city and is very much embracing being in Manchester. He has forced his way into being Brazil n9 despite his "lack" of game time compared to the others. He is a good lad, works hard, very talented and is desperate to step up when Aguero leaves. We might well bring in another striker but why won't Jesus battle him and win the spot himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.