Las Vegas

Bang on.

Have spent many a happy month in those places and around 5 hours in the hell hole that is Vegas.

Each to their own I suppose. Would rather hire a pick up truck and explore than sit around marveling at some neon, trying to ignore the constant noise of slots whilst a big nosed woman crones from the stage. Was glad i have been, but very glad to fuck off and get into the parks.
The one thing I noticed on my last visit compared to the one 20 years earlier was the distinct lack of the sound of slots paying out. All done on cards now it seems.

Been twice but not for 10 years, my mate went last year and said it’s really pricey nowadays alcohol, food and some hotel tax you have to pay per day.

I went for the 1st and supposedly last time in 2014. When I go back in May it will be my 10th trip.

I have stayed in most of the hotels on the strip. As far south as Luxor, as far north as Encore at Wynn and plenty in between. The best hotel ive stayed at was Cosmopolitan and the worst probably Flamingo (although it had a great location). Encore was a beautiful hotel but probably the worst of them all for value for money and location. I don't think there is a perfect hotel in Vegas, some are great hotels with poor location, others have rubbish pools or amenities others have dated rooms etc etc. For value for money, Luxor is tough to beat.

Recommendations:

Hotels - Luxor, NYNY, Cosmo, Mirage, Signature at MGM.

Bars - Chandelier (Cosmo), Rhumbar (Mirage), Alibi (Aria), Carnaval Court (Harrahs), Juniper (Park MGM), Parasol Up/Down (Wynn), Apex (Old Ghostbar, Palms).

Food - Sake Rok, Wing Lei, Virgils, Hells Kitchen, Maggianos Little Italy.

Shows/Concerts - MJ One, Gaga, Criss Angel.

Clubs - Hakassan (MGM), Omnia (Caesars), Light (Mandalay), Voodoo (Rio), Jewel (Aria), Marquee (Cosmo), 1OAK (Mirage).

Wouldn't bother with - Hoover Dam Tour, staying down on Fremont Street.

As others have said, it is an amazing place, go and enjoy.

Voodoo Lounge is one of the best rooftop bars I’ve ever been to. Have you tried the witch doctor cocktail? Jesus, one of them and it’s goodnight.

Just been for a fourth time, love the place but I don’t think I’ll be off back for a while now. It hasn’t lost its appeal, it’s just I’ve done it to many times now and got a shit load of memories. Other places in the world to visit so Vegas is getting put on the shelf.

Who ever is thinking about going, make sure you don’t go on a budget. Vegas is probably one of the places in the world to go to if you’re not on a budget. I noticed on my last trip that my money was just getting eaten away without me even realising, weathers that’s me being a tight twat with me getting older or the place has just got more expensive.

I went once and had some decent looking women chatting me up. I thought it was my blue eyes and English accent working their magic but found out pretty quickly that they were high class prostitutes.

Bit of a shithole to be fair but you have to try a bit of In 'n' Out burger whilst you're there.

I went once and had some decent looking women chatting me up. I thought it was my blue eyes and English accent working their magic but found out pretty quickly that they were high class prostitutes.

Bit of a shithole to be fair but you have to try a bit of In 'n' Out burger whilst you're there.

Hahahaha belter

Been twice but not for 10 years, my mate went last year and said it’s really pricey nowadays alcohol, food and some hotel tax you have to pay per day.
Resort tax, it’s pretty much everywhere now; all accross The States, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, NZ, are all the ones I can say I’ve experienced, but coming more prevalent now. It’ll be Sun Tax ala Spain soon!

In 'n' Out burger is a decent place, always do it at least once while we're in the states, but always long lines and small crap eating area with nowhere to sit. Like most drive-thru food it loses a lot if you do that. Don't know why we can't get them in Canada.
Back to the point. Tell us more about the high class In 'n' Out fur burgers.

Resort tax, it’s pretty much everywhere now; all accross The States, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, NZ, are all the ones I can say I’ve experienced, but coming more prevalent now. It’ll be Sun Tax ala Spain soon!

Cheeky fuckers

Voodoo Lounge is one of the best rooftop bars I’ve ever been to. Have you tried the witch doctor cocktail? Jesus, one of them and it’s goodnight.

Just been for a fourth time, love the place but I don’t think I’ll be off back for a while now. It hasn’t lost its appeal, it’s just I’ve done it to many times now and got a shit load of memories. Other places in the world to visit so Vegas is getting put on the shelf.

Who ever is thinking about going, make sure you don’t go on a budget. Vegas is probably one of the places in the world to go to if you’re not on a budget. I noticed on my last trip that my money was just getting eaten away without me even realising, weathers that’s me being a tight twat with me getting older or the place has just got more expensive.

Haven’t tried that cocktail but most drinks in Vegas are ridiculously strong, almost to the point I don’t like them. Voodoo is a great laugh and we tend to end up there at least once on every trip.

I agree re budget and was trying to make that point earlier re Resort Fees. Vegas is very difficult to do on a budget these days, everyone around the strip wants their piece of the pie and I personally wouldn't want to be there and counting every single penny. If you want value for money, in my opinion....go somewhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.