#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was given a decent run it would help him, he has good skills, just needs more games. Different wing backs every game doesn't help the team in general.

I always felt unnerved by how desperate Juve were to sell him to us.
They needed to raise cash and quickly. The Danilo deal filled their position and got them cash.

He is a good player, needs a run in the team. Walker tbf has stepped up recently which is good for us as a team but I would definitely be playing Cancelo at LB as it stands I think.

They needed to raise cash and quickly. The Danilo deal filled their position and got them cash.

He is a good player, needs a run in the team. Walker tbf has stepped up recently which is good for us as a team but I would definitely be playing Cancelo at LB as it stands I think.

He was apparently pretty average in Juve after injury ended his very good first part of the season last year. It's about what we are getting at the moment when he plays.

I must confess I wasn't completely clear in my head about Juventus sending him to us after a single season he was there. It's not a huge amount of money, guess they had some fringe players they could sell to raise 30m. Before them, Inter Milan had him on the loan and opted to not buy him.

Seeing that he is not played at LB that was some kind of rationale of buying him in first place, I'm not sure it was really a needed signing. Bit like Mahrez. obviously not shit players, though not that brilliant that were needed, specially when there were other positions that were more critical to fill.

Last edited:
He was apparently pretty average in Juve after injury ended his very good first part of the season last year. It's about what we are getting at the moment when he plays.

I must confess I wasn't completely clear in my head about Juventus sending him to us after a single season he was there. It's not a huge amount of money, guess they had some fringe players they could sell to raise 30m. Before them, Inter Milan had him on the loan and opted to not buy him.

Seeing that he is not played at LB that was some kind of rationale of buying him in first place, I'm not sure it was really a needed signing. Bit like Mahrez. obviously not shit players, though not that brilliant that were needed, specially when there were other positions that were more critical to fill.

Inter didn't opt not to sign him, Juve jumped in and stole him from them by paying more than the option fee Inter had.

They also raised 50m+ from his sale, because Danilo's fee is amortised but Cancelo's sale all goes in this years accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.